Show and Tell April 2022

I just ordered some new super badass LEDs.

You will totally love these in our next install!

1 Like

I found them on Amazon. Lifesavers :heart:

2 Likes

“Key Fob”. It has my motorcycle key and house key on it because, really, what else do you need? The Bubinga wood was generously donated by Beth’s husband (leftover pieces from a pen project), and is highly resistant to marine wood borers. The brass is left from a steam punk project, the aluminum from the side case project, and the copper is 8 gauge wire trimmings. Finish is paste wax.

The idea is that keys held thusly won’t blow around at high speed and chip the bike’s paint.

19 Likes

I cleaned up the tool drawer in my office using a neat 3d printed system. Here’s what the (mostly) finished product looks like! I wish I had remembered to take a before picture, but it was a complete mess.

Zack Freedman who designed the system has an awesome video on youtube about it, download links and more info can be found in this thread:

6 Likes

We made beautiful jewelry in Sue’s Historical Rings class today. Roman rosettes and Greek spirals :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Printmaking Steamroller Event
Go Big and have some fun!!!

14 Likes

Couple more Steamroller photos…

18 Likes

Neat work!!

These are some acrylic nightlight / signs.
The wireframes are done in Blender. The solids can be done in any art program (I use corel).

10 Likes

Laser or router/mill? Guessing router/mill

these were lasered. Now that I can make the wireframes, I’m going to play with using
the diamond drag bit on the Shakeypoo.

2 Likes

Dump of Photos from Saturday and the Steamroller Event. Apologies that I was running tours while Subzero and the mini-battlebots were around, and I didn’t grab a photo.

9 Likes

From Saturday’s wood shop and MIG welding classes.
(In my defense, once the hood darkens due to the arc, I can’t see the piece I’m working on, so I was unable to follow the edge properly.)

Regards,
McFlyDallas

11 Likes

Spread on cutting board from John’s class, looks really pretty, guess we shouldn’t have overloaded so much you can hardly see, lol, but the color is beautiful.

15 Likes

Flower brick from @Christykaake ceramic hand building class.

13 Likes

Very nice! I particularly enjoy the cat on there.

1 Like

Gorgeous! I’ve never seen a stone like that.

1 Like

Paid an artist to make a 3d printable near copy of Rauch’s Goethe.

14 Likes

Took @j801496 leather journal making class, pretty pleased with how it turned out!

14 Likes

So glad you came to the class.

2 Likes