Show and Tell April 2022

Round punch

13 Likes

Princess cactus from stained glass class, thanks to @thefinal and @Lordrook for a fun project.

17 Likes

Here’s my cactus from the stained glass class! It was a lot of fun!

17 Likes

Finished chisel

14 Likes

We made Ukrainian psyanky inspired eggs today. Thanks, Sue, for the fun class!

I also made a sheet metal box last week (Thanks, Max!) , and I saw someone “painted” metal with heat at the Arts in Bloom festival, and I think I’ll be decorating my box :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And! Randy fixed my chair for me (and showed me cool stuff in the welding area) Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

)

16 Likes

Nice work, Sarah.

@rlisbona is a great guy, an excellent instructor and very generous with his time and skills to help DMS. He taught an excellent TIG class yesterday afternoon. I just have to learn not to “stick” the electrode. I need lots of practice.

3 Likes

Should’ve stuck this in the March show 'n tell because this was March 25-27, but I’m finally sharing that VECTOR has earned more hardware from our visit to Texas Pinball Festival! @childofthehorn and I entered our 1973 Gottlieb King Pin game for judging, which has been in VECTOR on & off since 2015, and we took 2nd Place in the Best '70s Electromechanical Game category! :2nd_place_medal: The judges really liked the collaborative effort, and we are very proud of the end result!

This was an especially big deal because there has been no TPF since 2019, so people have had a couple extra years (and a lot of extra time in general) to perfect their games for the competition. Plus a lot of folks who are into early '70s games (before they went computerized), let’s just say, aren’t 35 years old, in the thick of their careers, with 2 small children at home to boot :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, with Polynesia leaving DMS soon (it’s been sold!), I’m hoping this King Pin could be the next game in the front lobby for people to enjoy for a while, given the right blessings from those who manage the front space.

18 Likes

As PR Coordinator I approve putting King Pin in the front lobby. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It would be nice to have a King Pin back at DMS for awhile. Was it back at Ladybird when @nick had his at DMS?

1 Like

Made a beautiful dish on the lathe with the help of @prl2018
Thank you!

17 Likes

Version 1 of an acrylic light using the electronics and laser committees. @skyspook did most of the work. :grin: The box and sign were both made out of acrylic and cut with the lasers. The sign and clear window were made out of scrap acrylic that I found in the trash.

11 Likes

Our new DMS Member, James requested lights for his chair. We found that the circuits, controls and optics were present already, so we just added the wires and LEDs.

22 Likes

Is that made from cast or extruded acrylic?

One of my students in yesterday afternoon finished a a very

14 Likes

so close to fitting. had to grind down the outer ring of red until the zinc could close up. it was cut to be the exact size of the greenhouse this piece is going to go into.

troubleshooting the pieces on the 10oclock petal that didn’t quite line up. had to grind them down just a tad.

rough cuts

testing the blueprints in the actual window.

total size ~27" diameter. 98 pieces.

edit- me for scale

28 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous Pearce. Nice job. Where is the greenhouse?

1 Like

this is a commission for a residence off Straight lane in Dallas.

there’s a companion piece for the other side that I have to start now

7 Likes

I am liking the idea of your “to-do” list bracelet! How imaginative! :100: And useful! Is that a found or made item?

1 Like

Nice work. It’s beautiful.

1 Like

Thanks so much to everyone for all the time and effort into the chair.

4 Likes