Show and Tell April 2021

Brown kraft paper, nothing fancy. I had 4 different boards to paint (all different colors) so I just stacked 6 layers (to have a couple spares just in case) of paper and cut them all at once. It’s around 2400 circles per sheet, and took just over 20 minutes to cut.

I did hit up one side with some Scotchgard to keep the paint from soaking through, seems to have worked out.

3 Likes

I’m impressed. The one and only time I tried to cut multiple layers of paper simultaneously it caught on fire.

Well it’s getting to be woodturning season (that is to say it’s not freezing in the garage) so I thought I’d share a few of my woodturnings. I tried linking to google pictures but it fails so sorry I’m uploading them… hopefully someone will get some inspiration from it.

I didn’t caption any so ask me if you want to know anything about the material or technique. cheers!

19 Likes

Getting a 404 error

1 Like

I got the 404 page, as well, Nick.

I’ve uploaded them.

1 Like

how did you?

Those are quite lovely.

1 Like

CNC cut the pieces from MDF. Primed them with Zinsser primer. Painted them with Krylon spray paint.

1 Like

:pray: thank you

1 Like

A pusher-thing for my micro table saw (I don’t know that it can be called a miter fence since it isn’t adjustable). It’s fixed at the zero degree position since that’s the most commonly used setting.

Bridgeport mill, Colchester lathe (for the knurling), Sherline mill plus rotary table, Sherline lathe, Taig lathe (mine).

19 Likes

Finally got to make a little Headway on this one…

Now for wet sanding, polishing and LED installation.

More to come

16 Likes

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

It looks like a Galaga character.

2 Likes

Minecraft creeper.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, I might start working on designs 4 something from Galaga

1 Like

I had a commission for this predator mask. Not my pattern, just my build.

5oz leather
Climbing rope for braids
25 or so hours maybe

27 Likes

Okay, that’s awesome!
Where’d you find the pattern?

1 Like

It’s this one here. The pattern comes together pretty well. The eyes were a bit troublesome.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Working on an LED neon like sign for my daughters wedding in may. Finshed the oven to heat the light guide tonight and made a test bend. So far I think it will work

24 Likes