Seeking 3D scanner help - small object

I would like to scan something that’s about the size of a walnut (in the shell). Is anyone willing to help me use the scanner please?

I’d be happy to help, although the earliest I can be up there is Friday evening.

I’m not in any hurry whatsoever. I’m getting ready/trained in anticipation of my “real” object. Thanks! I’ll PM you to coordinate.

1 Like

how did the scanning go? I need to scan an engine bay with multiple throttle bodies so I can model an airbox for filtration.

I realize this is an older thread but does anyone in here have experience with the scanner? Anyone willing to help me scan the bed of my truck? @Evan_Lott?

Also, I see mention of tracking stickers - do I need to buy my own?

I’ll tag @Team_3D_Fab for you, as that may get you a little quicker help. I’m pretty sure that Evan moved “away”, like, nowhere close to here anymore.

The folks who were last seen talking about the scanner were @MLocke (who is on the other thread) and @delpn. Somewhere in there should be someone who knows the score. Oh, and they were talking about doing that with @Keith, so he might know something too.

The Scanner requires a Windows PC to use.

The tracking stickers are optional. I’ll order some more of them.

Though they are considered a consumable, and thus should be member supplied.

I have never tried something as big as a truck bed so, I’m sort of curious how it’ll work.

I’ve had the most luck with small objects on the rotary table. However the Pop3 is supposed to work.

The toughest thing is processing the data afterwords to blend multiple scans into one.

How soon do you need to scan?

Also what are your scanning goals?

I should have a tiny bit of time later in the week.

I ordered some new tracker stickers. They should arrive in a few days.

Here is a review of the scanner we have and some basic information about it at the same time.
Revo Pop2 Review