Sale price for space bus?

Better question is why when things like this are asked on Talk is it seemingly crickets.

8 Likes

Crickets the size of giant white elephants

6 Likes

I am a patient man.

{assumes the lotus position and begins chanting “ohmmm…” repeatedly}

5 Likes

did some searching, talking to and stuffs.

yes it was sold by the board… it was agreed to be sold back in January from what i am told was a board meeting, after going through the wiki i have not found.

remember just like science research- if you dont write it down it never happened

that being said - its a done deal- good luck to those that now own it… and now to work on getting rid of the trebuchet

3 Likes

I am not sure about this, but I think it was disposes of several months ago

I know it had been discussed several time and multiple folks had worked on it to
try to make it useful to us and they kept failing It was a money pit, since we had to pay for storing it

I think that was 9 months to a year ago, someone that can easily look thru the archives
might check old Board meetings ( at one time I would have offered to do that but since I have to magnify my screen at least 500%, it would mean lots of scrolling and time for me, sorry)

The Treasurer issued this warning 22 days ago re: the Garage Sale.
@axeonos: Who on the Board closed the sale?

5 Likes

I think this was a resale of it, not a sale from us,
The pictures could have been from when it was sold months ag

I think it was disposed of last summer, maybe frofe Luke moved

We have a board member back up the thread that said it was sold over this last weekend.

4 Likes

You’ll find the minutes here: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20180820

2 Likes

Resolution to dispose of it in August:

Sell SpaceMobile (David Kessinger)

Problem : We are not using it, repair costs are too high, monthly cost to rent storage space.

Solution : Sell SpaceMobile.

Motion was unanimous:

7.6 Sell SpaceMobile (David Kessinger)
Motion: Sell Ford E350 "Space Bus". All proceeds will be allocated to the General Fund.
Proposed by: Kris Anderson
Seconded by: David Kessinger
Call for vote
- In favor: Unanimous
- Opposed:
- Abstain:
Motion Passes

…ninja’ed by Luke!

@Photomancer suggested it was sold on Saturday.

2 Likes

I’m happy it “sold”, but I do have some questions so we can ensure there was no private inurement. I only had about a month in Dallas before I moved at the point in which we voted on selling it.

5 Likes

The board did vote to sell it awhile back. The sale happened Sat or Sun, was listed on Craig’s List 23 hours ago.

2 Likes

FYI (and really for no reason) For the CA garage sale I believe we priced things fairly (for a garage sale), kicked out everyone till exactly 1:00p before hand to avoid any idea of self dealing, posted it on Craigslist and with another makerspace, and searched out answers to questions from the board a few times when we needed clarity.

I just want to establish what we did for the future if someone is looking to do the same.

18 Likes

As always, top notch work. I think you would make a great board member.

7 Likes

Right so you tried to make it a fair chance for everyone to be able to see and make a bid.
Thank you for going through the effort.

It does not appear to be the case for the spacebus.

4 Likes

I assure you thats not going to happen right now. But I really appreciate the vote of confidence.

I can’t shoulder what the board does without upping my medications.

7 Likes

Let me take a guess in as it’s pretty much the same thing every incident I am on with this BOD — a member of it or some other person in a leadership role.

Did not do any of the work actually to sell it and said hey buddy (friend or associate (DMS member)) I am going to give you a great deal, so I don’t have to deal with this problem anymore. Without any consideration of the legal/ethics of there actions.

2 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:all eyes on this. If something is sold shouldn’t all members be notified and give the option to to bid or buy? So who sold it very quietly?

4 Likes

Steve,
I did not want it, but why was the sale not put on talk for members to bid? Would have saved some questions.

2 Likes

Not only should it have been on talk it should have been on a public marketplace such as Ebay motors.

3 Likes