Sale price for space bus?

I see that the space bus has a new owner. What was the sale price? I’m curious whether it ended up being a net positive thing for the organization.

6 Likes

@Team_Finance pretty sure we are all banned from finance at this point but I checked QBO and I can’t find any record of this transaction.

@Photomancer any idea? I know this one is specifically interesting to me as I put a lot of sweat equity and was planning on bidding to buy this bus but to my knowledge, the sell was never published.

I believe it was sold over the weekend (Sat) which is why it’s not in the books yet. Exact amount I’m not sure of, but next to nothing, we tried giving it a way before and got not takers. I heard it come up in the context that we now have nothing stored a Bird’s/Byrd’s location now so we aren’t at least paying to store it.

I’ll find out when I’m there today and let you know.

1 Like

Can you expand on this I have been monitoring the bus incredibly closely and I don’t know anything about this?

1 Like

Have we cancelled that rental since the trailers are seemingly stationary fixtures in our back lot?

2 Likes

As I was monitoring it I can tell you the engine alone is worth at least 1,500 the KBB pre conversion is 2,500.

Here is one that sold 3 days ago and the Space Bus had considerably less miles approx 100K miles less.

Please tell me it was sold on a automotive sale platform and not given away to a friend of someone…

Charity Sells the Vehicle — If the charity sells the
vehicle for more than $500, in addition to the information
required for all acknowledgments, the contemporaneous
written acknowledgment must include:
■ a statement certifying that the vehicle was sold in an
arm’s length transaction between unrelated parties,
■ the date the vehicle was sold,
■ the gross proceeds received from the sale, and,
■ a statement that the donor’s deduction may not exceed
the gross proceeds from the sale.
However, if the gross proceeds from the sale are $500
or less, the charity should not provide a written acknowledgment based on these rules. Instead see Written
Acknowledgment for Vehicle Contribution Deduction
of $500 or Less on page 7.

1 Like

I don’t know, Logistics handles this. As I said I believe the bus was sold Saturday - or at least that’s when I heard about it. But again it came up in the context of cancelling that storage arrangement. But that is the intent.

As soon as we get a CoO for 102 we should move out of the other storage units and close those accounts. I assume that is what Logistics has planned. Much of it is committee assets that needed space.

Those are all Logistics questions for details.

1 Like

@Team_Logistics

Anything to add?

Your are kidding right? Was it listed as for sale/free to the membership on talk or to the public on Craig’s List, etc.? I bet you would have offers other than one past member.

How did the past member find out it was for sale? It wasn’t listed in a public way that I’m aware of. Please tell me I missed it otherwise this looks like another shady deal by DMS. I thought we weren’t a club anymore and had to operate as a business?

1 Like

It’s for sale on Facebook for $3500

can you send us a link?

1 Like

I thought it was actually sold?

I’m looking really hard for it but will have a bit more time here in a minute. It popped up in my Facebook feed - I know who’s selling it. I don’t believe he’s in the wrong for doing so. I saw it and I said to myself “finally it’s going”

I searched really quick under bus and tiny home and I’m not seeing it - if I could figure out how to search my persons name it would be quick.

3 Likes

I don’t care that the Space bus is gone (thank heavens) just that we didn’t sell it for peanuts privately to a friend because that looks bad.

11 Likes

I concur. I actually had a friend that was making an offer at one point, but IIRC they backed out and it says forever. They solicited buyers for a bit but I don’t know about actual postings.

EDIT: I think was conflating two different vehicles the space had / had been around.

This popped up in the market for me. I thought it was that bus for a bit but I think it was just a look alike on the initial tumbnail

2 Likes

As logistics I had no idea it sold and did not sell it. I hope the money finds its way into logistics but who sold it?

5 Likes

Am I correct in thinking this is it (now for sale in Gainesville)?

Saved ad, for when the orig becomes unavailable:

6 Likes

… and are those photos from it parked in the spot we’re renting?

3 Likes

Also, if the seller IS a TALK user, the keywords “Powerstroke”, and “7.3” are of interest to folks in this market segment…

1 Like

Ya that’s it. Thanks for finding it so fast. I swear I saw it on Facebook. But whatever

3 Likes