Sale price for space bus?

Paging @patrickpleez1

2 Likes

Also the bus definitely had an electrical problem last time I looked at it. The batteries drained after every sit. I wonder if the seller fixed that before selling it back to the public.

1 Like

I’m lost on this, is someone trying to sell something that belongs to DMS? Or was this someone already sold and being resold? Fill in needed

2 Likes

Highly desirable vehicle in DMS possession.
Several members actively watching for (much talked-about, but long-time not actioned upon) sale to happen, in hopes of participating, but were not aware this transpired:

• Vehicle is discovered to be no longer in DMS possession.

Questions then arise surrounding several factors, including but not limited to: “how much money traded hands?” and “who is the beneficiary of said funds?” and “why didn’t I get to put in a bid?”.

9 Likes

As @SewingStuff pointed out. It appears Patrick is the person behind the craigslist ad. The phone number is his. I know he’s not currently a member.

3 Likes

Maybe procured intending to use for this:

Maybe it didn’t work out…

1 Like

I’m in Talk a lot, and at DMS in person a lot and I didn’t know it was for sale. I’m curious to see how this shakes out.

8 Likes

I think it is safe to said that it was never offered on Talk to members

1 Like

DMS asset for sale:

1. Who initiated the actual sale?

2. When and for how much?

3. Was it fair market value and did the funds resulting from the sale go into the DMS coffers?

Sounds like the vehicle, once it was sold by DMS, was promptly ‘flipped/re-listed’ for sale. This might suggest that the buyer felt that he could make a quick profit on it.

Which begs the question: Was the DMS asset sold at fair market value?

Paging the Finance Lead @Diplomat

8 Likes

Better question is why when things like this are asked on Talk is it seemingly crickets.

8 Likes

Crickets the size of giant white elephants

6 Likes

I am a patient man.

{assumes the lotus position and begins chanting “ohmmm…” repeatedly}

5 Likes

did some searching, talking to and stuffs.

yes it was sold by the board… it was agreed to be sold back in January from what i am told was a board meeting, after going through the wiki i have not found.

remember just like science research- if you dont write it down it never happened

that being said - its a done deal- good luck to those that now own it… and now to work on getting rid of the trebuchet

3 Likes

I am not sure about this, but I think it was disposes of several months ago

I know it had been discussed several time and multiple folks had worked on it to
try to make it useful to us and they kept failing It was a money pit, since we had to pay for storing it

I think that was 9 months to a year ago, someone that can easily look thru the archives
might check old Board meetings ( at one time I would have offered to do that but since I have to magnify my screen at least 500%, it would mean lots of scrolling and time for me, sorry)

The Treasurer issued this warning 22 days ago re: the Garage Sale.
@axeonos: Who on the Board closed the sale?

5 Likes

I think this was a resale of it, not a sale from us,
The pictures could have been from when it was sold months ag

I think it was disposed of last summer, maybe frofe Luke moved

We have a board member back up the thread that said it was sold over this last weekend.

4 Likes

You’ll find the minutes here: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20180820

2 Likes

Resolution to dispose of it in August:

Sell SpaceMobile (David Kessinger)

Problem : We are not using it, repair costs are too high, monthly cost to rent storage space.

Solution : Sell SpaceMobile.

Motion was unanimous:

7.6 Sell SpaceMobile (David Kessinger)
Motion: Sell Ford E350 "Space Bus". All proceeds will be allocated to the General Fund.
Proposed by: Kris Anderson
Seconded by: David Kessinger
Call for vote
- In favor: Unanimous
- Opposed:
- Abstain:
Motion Passes

…ninja’ed by Luke!

@Photomancer suggested it was sold on Saturday.

2 Likes

I’m happy it “sold”, but I do have some questions so we can ensure there was no private inurement. I only had about a month in Dallas before I moved at the point in which we voted on selling it.

5 Likes