Restaurant Supplies

We have a membership at a restaurant supply??? Can I tag along if someone makes a trip? There’s a few things I would love to get. :thinking:

You don’t need to have a membership to go to Ace mart.

2 Likes

Wait. Dms has a restaurant supply membership? @Monikat

According to @Lampy we do! I don’t know at which place though. What would we get from there for ceramics? :thinking:

This is true, and actually they have better kitchenware or tools than Restaurant Depot (RD).

It is RD and there is now a location in Lewisville. We originally got it for food/supplies for the open house and potlucks. Sorry cannot legitimately use it for personal purchases but anything for DMS is OK.

2 Likes

The AceMart off Forest & Web Chapel has very pleasant staff. Thats kinda a rarity these days.

6 Likes

+1 for Acemart, super awesome people and hella good prices and selectoin

4 Likes

Darn! The one is Lewisville is right by my house. I guess I will just have to plan a trip to Ace Mart when I head to the space during business hours. The closest one to me is the one near the space at 35 & 635.

FYI, they are or were open on Saturdays until 2.

1 Like

You don’t need a membership to go here:

It’s not far from the Makerspace.

I’ve been many times. I really like the place.

DT

Agreed. one is near me in Garland. Great for getting stemware better than the Michael’s bulk pack but not actual “crystal” to then do etching with. Also have filters for oil (food)

Another +1 for ace mart

I was there recently and got a bunch of large aluminum baking sheets as drip trays they were selling for dirt cheap (even powder coated one for 3d fab to put the resin printer on)

They’re awesome.

2 Likes

Ditto for the Acemart in Garland on Beltline just east of Jupiter.

1 Like

Great, one more place to be addicted too… lol
I’ll be paying them a visit to get more bulk meat for jerky.

The Ace Mart in Plano has also got friendly staff (but they aren’t open on Saturdays like some of the others)

Say whaaaaat??? That’s 1/4 mile from my office! Granted, I’m not going back to my office until this pandemic is over or I get a working vaccine (so probably another year), but that’s still awesome! I can run over on my way home from work or during lunch. :thinking:

If any of y’all go to one of these stores can you check price on 1lb cans (refrigerated) of jumbo/colossal lump crabmeat? It ended up being the thing I bought most frequently from Restaurant Depot when I had a membership. I might venture out to get some if prices are decent.

Even though I never purchased any, I though the most interesting item was whole frozen goats. They were stacked in trash cans with the feet sticking out like firewood,

3 Likes

Wholly crap. We went there today. We bought 27lbs of meat plus a bunch of other things for $120

We will be going back

4 Likes

I take it Lisa got to go along and dance with glee alongside you?

1 Like