[RESOLVED] Request; KISSlicer on Jump server?

Hey everyone! Complete nube here with his first post so apologies if I’m breaking protocol. Is it possible to have KISSlicer installed on the Jump server with the settings preconfigued for the PolyPrinters? It would be nice to be able to run it from home and be ready to go with the files when I’m at the DMS.

Thanks!

-Brian

1 Like

@Team_3D_Fab @themitch22

There is no need to install it on the jump server. Go to the polyprinter website and there is a downloadable version of kisslicer that is already configured for the polyprinter. You can have it on your computer at home or where ever you are working from.

2 Likes

I’m fine with installing it on the Jump server. I don’t think it would cause any issues unless everyone was slicing at once. I agree that it’s easier for people to download it themselves. @StanSimmons would you like to install it from the Polyprinter site for us, we can try it.

I’ve installed the PolyPrinter version of Kisslicer, but I did not install the USB driver since no one is allowed to 3dprint from the JumpServer.

DO NOT store your files on the JumpServer desktop or download folders, use your M: drive folders. ( \\files\members\<user_created_folder> )

3 Likes

Awesome - you guys rock! I downloaded the version from the KISSlicer page and didn’t know there was a preconfigured version from PolyPrinter. Still think this is handy. Appreciate it.

As 3D Fab is moving away from having computers in their space, this would be nice so that we can run Kissslicer from any of the other workstations in the building at least. I know that it’s installed on a number of computers around the space, but I had a repeatedly failed print due to the wrong version/settings of Kissslicer being installed on one of them. Cost me about 2 hours of head scratching.

THANKS STAN!

1 Like

Thanks for doing this, I think we talked about this before but don’t remember why we didn’t. I agree, it ends up causing more problems having the Kisslicer versions for Polyprinter not updated or overwriting each other. I’m hoping running it off the jump server solves some issues.