[Resolved] Can't sign up for classes 2023/04/19

I just joined today and was excited to sign up for classes but when I try to sign up I get an error message. I’ve tried from 2 different devices and logged in with username and password each time. So disappointing. Can anyone help please?

Also, it says on this page to post about issues with the events system under #issues… but the link supplied is dead and I don’t see that category listed

Hi, can you please share what your DMS username is, and what classes you were trying to sign up for?

Sometimes there’s a weird glitch with new accounts and actually being logged in on the calendar.

Thank you! It’s Nwilson77 and I was trying to sign up for the ceramics checkoff for May 20th

The reason that you can’t see the Issues and Requests is that you haven’t asked for your Green Dot yet. Talk is a totally disconnected program that doesn’t automatically know that you’re a member. One of the open categories that you should be able to see is “Request Green Dot”. Issues and Requests is one of the few member-restricted categories on Talk.

Okay, so it looks like you are registered for the class, but it looks like the registration may have happened while you weren’t logged in.

It’s throwing an error because registration already exists with the information supplied.

But I got that message the first time I tried to register? How do I see which classes I’m registered for? I tried to sign up for a couple other things to test it and see if it worked and everytime I tried to sign up I got that error message. So I might be registered for several classes now that I thought didn’t go through. What is the normal message you should see after signing up for a class? Thank you for responding so quickly!

That’s…weird, I’ll take a look in a few and see if I can reproduce.

Assuming you use the same registration info each time, I should be able to look you up and find everything. I’ll respond in a little bit with it.

For now, try making sure that you force refresh the page and/or maybe try logging out and then back in to make sure your session is active.

I found the place to look up which classes you’re registered for and this is what I’m showing, is there something I need to do to fix the error since I guess I registered before logging in? Apparently it’s still registering me for things even though it’s giving me an error message?

Yeah that’s def odd. I don’t know if you’re in the official discord as well, but there’s somebody else who’s also having weird errors when registering, so seems like maybe some configuration changed - I’ve flagged it to the infra team, and we’ll look asap

I get an error message when I try to sign up for classes. Just joined today so now I’m super confused and not used to these forums yet. Can someone please help?

I was able to figure out if I hit the back button or takes me to the confirmation page… it’s just being buggy I guess… thank you for your help! I appreciate the quick response!

2 Likes

FYI this should be fixed per: Calendar Emails & Fixes April 19th

If someone doesn’t mind marking this resolved.

1 Like