[RESOLVED]Blitzen Emergency Stop

Hello, was running an etch on Blitzen tonight and the focusing tube fell out mid cut, guess it worked itself loose. I was able to emergency stop it within about a second. Doesn’t appear to be damaged, I reinserted the tube and powered it back on but didn’t use it again.

Settings were 400mm/sec with 5% power. Quite thin stock, about 1/8”.

Anyways, flagging here for the laser experts if they think it needs a look. Will triple check screw tightening in the future. Also this is my first talk post so be lmk if there’s a better way to post stuff like this.

2 Likes

I am tagging @Team_Laser to notify that group. Also, this should be in “ISSUES & REQUESTS”, but you will need to get a Green Dot to access that category,

And tanks for posting there is a problem.

Dallas Makerspace members (primary or family/add-on) in good standing may request access to Members Only categories (e.g. Issues & Requests ) by requesting a Green Dot

@evanmeade Thanks for reporting the incident. These things happen from time to time. Those tightening knobsa re on the list of secondary items to be addressed after all of the lasers are running again. We think they have been over tightened a few too many times.

@hforsberg thanks notifying the team!

1 Like

Please Mark ar resolved - no damages to the machine
@jast