Request for CNC Training

Hey everyone!

Is there anyone willing to do 1:1 training or a class on CNC?

I would only need to learn how to use the xcarve, not the massive CNC.

My project is as simple as it gets - a repeated series of straight lines. So I really just need to know the basics.

I can offer a fee/6 pack/something for your time.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, Miles,

I can help you out, but I’m currently out of town for a family emergency and won’t be able to schedule something with you until likely April. If that’s ok with you, you can email me at [email protected] the beginning of April with your design or at least a detailed description of it and your availability.

1 Like

I too would like some X-Carve training. I am making an immersive speaker array (Dolby ATMOS) and need to build 12 identical speakers. I am getting components from Parts Express. It is their C-Note kit. IT ships with mdf box parts but I want to use 1/2 Birch Plywood for a couple of reasons It is pretty simple and I envision making a jog to hold the front and back pieces with the X-Carve cutting out the driver holes with a routed inset for the Tweeter. See attached.

Jules
SpeakerBoxDiagram.pdf (443.8 KB)

I was looking around to see if there are any CNC training classes? I am interested in the big CNC, but will take the X-Carve training as well. I’d like to know more!

The xcarve team volunteers are busy working through a full controller replacement. They are updating the machine so members can aren’t required to pay $25 monthly for full featured software to run it. The new cpu box arrived today.

1 Like

Hi @SWA , sorry to bug you guys but I was wondering if there was a timeline for the xcarve being operational? I know there was a new part coming this week or next, just checking in to see when I should reach back out before I forget.

The team is still shooting for soon. They are making the new spoil board bed, then comes tramming, then training. A couple of weeks until soft launch.