Request for CNC Training

Hey everyone!

Is there anyone willing to do 1:1 training or a class on CNC?

I would only need to learn how to use the xcarve, not the massive CNC.

My project is as simple as it gets - a repeated series of straight lines. So I really just need to know the basics.

I can offer a fee/6 pack/something for your time.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, Miles,

I can help you out, but I’m currently out of town for a family emergency and won’t be able to schedule something with you until likely April. If that’s ok with you, you can email me at [email protected] the beginning of April with your design or at least a detailed description of it and your availability.

1 Like

I too would like some X-Carve training. I am making an immersive speaker array (Dolby ATMOS) and need to build 12 identical speakers. I am getting components from Parts Express. It is their C-Note kit. IT ships with mdf box parts but I want to use 1/2 Birch Plywood for a couple of reasons It is pretty simple and I envision making a jog to hold the front and back pieces with the X-Carve cutting out the driver holes with a routed inset for the Tweeter. See attached.

Jules
SpeakerBoxDiagram.pdf (443.8 KB)

I was looking around to see if there are any CNC training classes? I am interested in the big CNC, but will take the X-Carve training as well. I’d like to know more!

The xcarve team volunteers are busy working through a full controller replacement. They are updating the machine so members can aren’t required to pay $25 monthly for full featured software to run it. The new cpu box arrived today.

1 Like

Hi @SWA , sorry to bug you guys but I was wondering if there was a timeline for the xcarve being operational? I know there was a new part coming this week or next, just checking in to see when I should reach back out before I forget.

The team is still shooting for soon. They are making the new spoil board bed, then comes tramming, then training. A couple of weeks until soft launch.

@SWA Touching base here–any help needed? I may be around this coming week

Everyone is patiently waiting.
They working through leveling and tramming. There are core people working on it. Everything left is very detailed.

Hello, just found this thread trying to figure out when the next Big CNC class will be.

Im looking to take the Basic CNC Router Class and eventually pass the proficiency test. Is there a timeline on the next class? Or is all that waiting on the repair?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

1 Like

I will try to post an official road map on Source in the next few days. This program is on hold until the new smaller lathe is in service(soon, aggressive vol time line.) You will learn on it then move forward with additional and more complex training and tasks if you desire.

1 Like