Reminder: Wide Format Printing SIG Today 6/22 at 1PM

I kind of liked the besjet in the video because it can print on objects instead of needing the media to be on a roll. Can this one do that?

I believe Paul found us a really good option for software until we are rolling in it again. A friend who does our tech lab at work also suggested the barbaric but effective option of seeing if Infstructure can give us a second layer of protection by having the desktop folder containing the software not open for users without an AD using the license or something. (I know we used to have some tools that did this)

That specific model, no. Astrud saw a smaller table sized version at the NBM show that was a flat bed. The deal on that was $20k, but they threw in a free Thunder laser. :sweat_smile:

Ive been operating on the timeline of purchasing a new printer being January or later, so we have time to go to see what is on offer at the ISS show in Fort Worth, and we can be more specific in requirements and budget when we talk to the equipment reps.

Prices go up in two weeks, so if anyone is interested in going register now for the free exhibit hall passes.

https://impressionsexpo.com/fortworth/

1 Like

Just waiting on the flooring installation, we should be able to move the 44" over soon after that is complete.

3 Likes

I’ll be in treatment again at that time but I hope you guys find us a sweetheart. I bet we can convince someone to go halfsies if it comes with a free Thunder or other bonus equipment! At the least the Thunder could be sold to help pay for the printer

That stuff is last generation, we sell and service a bigger/better.

This is the new one, Omnifire

1 Like

I don’t think I can get us one, unless the product is dropped, then there will be a lonely unwanted Omnifire sitting around in an Indiana Jones warehouse…

Do I even want to know the price on that

1 Like

Yup … one rich donor that loves printing

1 Like

Definitely, no!

This bleeding edge stuff is outrageous, think Formula 1 or Picasso…

Lol I’ll settle for giclee and stickers

1 Like

Giclee = the HP printers we already have incoming. Stickers can possibly be done on the HPs, and even more so on a theoretical UV printer.

2 Likes