Questions on new Plasma CNC

I’m out of town and a bit out of the loop WRT the new Plasma CNC. I hope someone has time to answer a couple quick questions…

Do we have any details (make, model, manuals?) on the new machine available?

Will the consumables for the old plasma cutter head be compatible with the new machine?

If not, are they usable on a handheld Plasma cutter at DMS or completely obsolete (at DMS)?

Will new certifications be needed before using the new machine if we’ve taken the class/ been cleared to use the old machine?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Items 1 and 3 are still in process.
Item 2: yes, the new torch can use the same consumables BUT be aware that it is capable of higher amperage, so be sure you stay with appropriate settings.

4 Likes

A few more!

• What’s the software it uses?
  • Will we have the ability to run it on our home computers for doing some of the design work?
  • What filetypes does it accept?
2 Likes

“at home” I assume includes remotely. I doubt we can download software to personal computers.

For the training you need to demonstrate video game proficiency to operate the machine via the controller.

4 Likes

Oh this is gonna be fun…

I’m soooo pooched.

1 Like

I think the make and model are:
Dynatorch Super B
Their web site says the user’s manual is built in to the software under the help tab, though if you search for it, you can find some documents which may or may not be applicable.

First part cut!

4 Likes

Lol. I really need to redesign that but cut looks great.

1 Like

It will be nice to be able to cut thinner material.

It’s height control is doing wonders right now, we’re going to work on testing it once we get some new ohmic materials for fine cut.

1 Like

I just drove in from Austin. I’ll be in tomorrow, can’t wait to see this thing!

We just cut 16ga expanded like butter without issue.

I love this redhead.

5 Likes

what gage??

What gage sheet metal

that was 1/8" aluminium

1 Like

Outstanding, When will training be available? Is the new software going to be something we need or will the copy on the machine digest a DXF without massive preparation?? This is very exciting.

1 Like

The software is leaps & bounds better than the old. The software will automatically assign inner & outer cuts with starting points. It’s not perfect but you can change the starting points & if its an inner or outer cut.

2 Likes

saw the new plasma cutter machine.
It looks great! When we’ll be able to take the class to use it?

1 Like