Questions on new Plasma CNC

Should figure out how to turn that S into a bottle opener

I like your idea. I’ll rework the file and submit to the Plasma Cam teachers.

2 Likes

A semicircular lip on the inside of the straight side of the “D” would work as well. A small hole drilled through the bottom of the S (1/3 up from base) would allow key ring attachment.

I said the same thing at this link that I wanted to post here, so nobody feels left out, but Discourse won’t let me post the same thing twice…

it cost $100 to get certified again to use the plasma cutter?

No.
It’ll be the usual $5.00 “so you’ll show up” fee.
The $100 for the RESERVATION EVENT is so that nobody’ll actually try to sign up for that event. We put it in place so the space and machine is reserved for the period of time that we’re doing the practical portion.

k signing up now then. Thanks!

I don’t think there are any posted up right now except the reservation events (i.e. no classes). Where you see reservation events, though, there will be classes (classes take an extra day to clear the honorarium process that events don’t have).
I’m probably explaining badly…
On any given night, there will be (say) a 7:00 class for “CNC Plasma Cuttter (Dynatorch) Training”, which will be the usual description and $5.00 fee and last an hour. This is the one you want to sign up for. On the same night, there will be an 8:00 event for “Reserve Metal Shop for Plasma Cutter Training” (which states in the “about” and “special considerations” sections DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS) to show the Metal Shop is reserved for the practical portion of the class. These latter are, I think, the only thing showing on the calendar at the moment, but the actual classes have been submitted and will be popping up in fairly short order.

1 Like

well signed up before I read this. will unregister. thanks