(Pet) Faces of DMS - levity and hilarity welcome

Anoles? Them’s chameleons! At least that’s what I got when I sent five bucks for a chameleon to an ad in the back of Boys Life when I was a kid…

1 Like

9 Likes

I suspect it was more “wooing” than “shooing.”

1 Like

Here are my pets (the indoor ones, not the horses, etc).

First up is Trixie, Chaser of Balls. She is by far the most ball-obsessed dog I’ve ever owned. Keeps her fit, though. That attentive look is because I’m holding a tennis ball off-camera.

This second shot taken by my daughter captures Trixie’s personality:

Trixie and Purranna are best buds. The cat was a feral kitten but now likes to be groomed by the dog.

She also likes to give me, (but no one else) baths. Not sure what I should read onto that… :slight_smile:

I worry they may be plotting a takeover:

Finally, there’s Friskie. He tolerates the others but really likes laps.

He can also do a reasonable Sphinx imitation.

18 Likes

This is Spooky. We found him six years ago around Halloween time- hence his name. He also gets spooked very easily. I like to think we have a bilingual cat since he “understands” when we speak French or English to him :slight_smile:

He is a diva…

14 Likes

I love me some Oz! That boy is adorable

1 Like

Here are my little ladies, Special Agent “Clarice” Starling (11 year old), Pippa (6 years old), and “Bella” Belatrix Lestrange (8 years old). I guess I like Yorkies

14 Likes

The only official non-opposable-thumbed residents of the Spencer Clan of North Texas are Nike (crazyunclenike)

and Clementine (formerly mamaclem, but now just auntie clem or 'Tiney cat)

Either occasionally addressed as “DAMNIT!” or “AAAARGH!”

EDIT:
I found this laying around, so here 'tis: Mama Clementine with her orange grove: Berna, Duncan, Hamlin, Marrs, Orlando, and Valencia. With crazyunclenike looking on (he is 100% unrelated). The youngsters all found perma-homes, but poor Clem didn’t, so we made her officially part of our household in 2017.

17 Likes

Best thread ever!

6 Likes

Gotta add a new pet photo if you’re going to resurrect the thread! :slight_smile: technically, she’s my parents’ but this is Sophie

15 Likes

So, I’d lost track of this thread back when, but since it’s revived for the moment…

This is Ethel, giving me way more help than I need (or want) when making jewelry. I think she finds me vaguely entertaining and really just loves me for the heat from my desk lamp.

This is Rory, also “helping” with jewelry.

And this is Hoshi, hanging out while I spin.

9 Likes

Sprinkle and Ein.

Rockey

Bonus lurking from Ein and my printer

14 Likes

Whoa Rockey is a big dude! Also do cats like a nice warm printer?

1 Like

Cats like a warm almost anything - i.e. my cable box is situated such that it’s Mr Hyde’s personal space heater.

4 Likes

This is Paulette, another rescue. She came from a pack of 29 dogs that were living in/around a gravel quarry in South Dallas, rescued by Dallas Street Dog Advocates (https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas-county/2018/08/21/tacos-patience-rescue-group-saves-2-dozen-dogs-southern-dallas-county). We fostered her and nursed her through some surgeries and heartworm treatment and well, couldn’t give her up. We’re terrible fosters heehee.
She’s a tripod, not sure if it’s a birth defect or injury, but she gets around fine and has learned to wave her stump when she wants your attention. :smiley:

9 Likes

Hammie is over 15 years old now but still just as cute and crazy as last time I posted his pictures.

10 Likes
  1. I LOVE this thread. Animals are the best.
  2. For all those that recently lost your pets, I’m so sorry : ( That’s not easy and I send you a virtual hug.
  3. If any of you have Instagrams for your pets, you wanna post them? :smiley: I have one for my cats lol

I don’t have any pet pictures on my work computer, so I’ll link to IG: www.instagram.com/michaelathekitters

Michaela just turned 3 Tuesday and the lil terror named Dashi turns 1 soon.

@pearcedunlap: can I be a creep and bring your tortie lettuce!? I so wish I could have a tortoise! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hee hee!
Torties are fun!
Here’s Ms. Ethel’s “twin”, Echo:

That’s her brother, Jarvis, on the left, and one of the others bottom left (Mini, I think).
shameless plug
They’re part of the 9-kitten litter (The Digital Assistants) we’re fostering, along with their mom. 5 of the kittens have found their families, and Mama Root has gone to another foster home. We have one recovering from eye surgery before he travels to his new home, but the others (Root, Cortana, Echo, Jarvis, and Mini) are still seeking their own people. Let me know if you’re looking, and I’ll send you the org’s info…

8 Likes

This was Shadow. I got him when I was 21 and he was 5 weeks old. He passed 2 years ago at the age of 15.

This is Nibbler, she showed up at the back door of a house I was renting (no fence on one side) and showed horrible signs of abuse so I decided I was not going to look for the owner. Here she is in her fort that came with the house I bought.

This is Odin who I got last Christmas at ~6 weeks old.

Nibbler looks after him. First night home

Exactly one year later

10 Likes

This is Kitty, he just turned 12 this month. He came from a shelter in Virginia. An old lady passed on and her caretaker didnt care for him properly. He is a purebred Russian blue. He is not cat. He is something else, more human than cat :wink:

This is Popper, he is the roomates cat. He is a cat clone of said roomate, loud, obnoxious and demanding, but cute since he is cat!

9 Likes