Open House 2018 Walk-through Video

I shot a walk-through video with my Osmo. This is just the raw footage start to finish no editing because I suck at video editing.

Hope you enjoy!

18 Likes

Wow! The video really brings home what an awesomely cool makerspace we truly have.

(And I loved the unintentional selfie at the 8:00 mark!)

6 Likes

When your shooting skillz better Robert Rodriguez, you don’t need editing skillz…
:+1:

5 Likes

AWESOME!!! Best walkthrough of the space in its current condition yet! I absolutely LOVE how this open house turned out! I wish I could have been there! Sad we didn’t get to see the tarantulas though. Great conversation piece.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was so sad that I couldn’t be there for the event and the video let me be there for a few moments. All of you did a fabulous job representing.

3 Likes

It was fun for sure. A lot of hard work setting up before and cleaning up after. I was only there for the middle so kudos to everyone that helped !

2 Likes

Super cool! When I was first curious about DMS i found a video of someone walking through at like 3AM. That was several years ago. Informative but this is much more interesting with all the background chatter, etc. I wouldn’t edit it too much. Especially if its intended to get more folks in the door. People love real behind the scenes stuff and this captures that nicely. Great work all, sorry I missed out.

3 Likes

Is this the 3AM video? https://youtu.be/BKq6onYBdog

7 Likes

This is the video that made me join :slight_smile:

9 Likes

thats it! That video made me take the plunge. It made it more accessible seeing everything in a less “polished” way, I think. I work in advertising / marketing and we are always trying to capture (or replicate) this kind of actual, raw, experiential kind of thing. Its great stuff.

5 Likes

It’s fun seeing the evolution of the Space via this video.

1 Like

That video was a byproduct of a birthday party at @AlexRhodes and @MellissaRhodes apartment at the time. We were all lamenting the fact that the only video we had of the space was an old (but good one) Andrew Floyd had done of what I think was the old location. @lukeiamyourfather kept threatening to drive up to the space and do one that night.

While light on technical details and information at points, his “gonzo journalism” approach seemed to work well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Alex still gives me shit about the woodshop. :poop:

3 Likes

It’s so early in the video and your honesty is very jarring :laughing:

1 Like