Nogal aka Peruvian Walnut lumber

Bert,

I think 10 bdf is enough for me. @ozindfw if you pick it up and deliver it to DMS I’ll come and get it. I’m going to be there for a class tomorrow at 7PM if that works. (If the board is plus or minus 10 bdf that is ok with me. I’d rather not have to cut any. I can pay the actual bdf cost)

Also, @ozindfw if you tell me when you’re headed out maybe I can ride along and help load and unload. When are you planning to go pick it up? Maybe we could meet at DMS.

Bert I can Zelle the $60 to you if you provide the details.

1 Like

If there’s still some availability I’m in!

10bf or so for me. I can Zelle or Venmo. When to pick it up at the Space?

1 Like

Thanks for tagging! I stopped getting notifications for this post.

Would Sunday work for pickup from your shop? Not sure if you’re there on weekends?

Alternatively (because The Colony is very much the wrong direction) I’d love to tag some onto the pickup that @ozindfw / @dryad2b / others might be arranging? Happy to help pay for the transit too, and I can pick up on a weeknight.

@bertberaht, if you can send me venmo or zelle details I can send payment your way!

1 Like

Yes, plenty left. How much? Will you be coming to Arlington or something else?

I would like to have approx 50 bd/ft and i can come to Arlington.

2 Likes

I won’t be at DMS until Thursday afternoon. Right now the forecast is for rain and my pickup isn’t covered. I can wrap it in tarps, but I’m not confident it will stay dry.

In the unlikely event you that its convenient for you to collect it at my home in Southlake (near FM1709 and the Southlake/Keller border - Pearson Lane) I’ll be happy to pick yours up when I get mine today and haul it here for you to collect. You’ll need to pay @bertberaht directly.

I work for the cruelest boss and he’s giving me a hard time about unbillable time during the workday. :wink:

Oz (in DFW)

Don’t worry about me Oz. I’ll make other arrangements. Southlake is almost as far as Arlington for me. I’ll figure something else out.

This is my probelm as well. It’s already > 1 our to pick up, turns into >2 if I go to the space. And it I can’t drop it here, ir’s rapidly out of hand time wise.

If your boss is like my boss, he shows up every morning when I’m shaving. Gives me a lecture or safety talk or some such thing. Some days I just skip shaving.

4 Likes

I’d like one board 6"-9" wide. I can pick up at your shop in Arlington (I think I remember how to get there). I’ll even bring cash with me.

Bert, are you going to be available today for pickup? Can you send me a text with your phone number please. Mine is 214 seven seven 3 6889.

I have a 1/2 pickup and I can pickup some for DMS members.

I’m teaching a blacksmithing class tonight at DMS from 7-10PM so I can be available then for people to pick up their wood. So this is a one time good deal. I’ll pick it up, haul it to DMS tonight around 6:00PM and you collect it then. I’ll be there until about 9:30PM maybe 10:00PM.

I am NOT the wood honcho here though. I’m just going to agree to haul the wood. If you want to chip in to offset the cost of driving out to Bert’s place and loading the wood it would be most appreciated.

You MUST PAY BERT before I’ll load anything for you into my truck. Bert hopefully you can put their name on the wood. I don’t want to be responsible for parceling it out. If you can’t pick up the wood from me tonight I won’t haul it. You’ll need to make other arrangements to get your wood. I’m sorry but I’m not going to be responsible for your wood getting wet or damaged until you pick it up.

Finally, if 10PM rolls around and I still have your wood in my truck. It becomes DMS property. I’m sorry but again I’m not taking it home and subjecting it to rain tomorrow.

People this Peruvian Walnut is a steal of a deal. Bert has made a generous offer for DMS members. The normal price for it is about $11 a bdf for 4/4. This is where I normally buy my Peruvian Walnut: Peruvian Walnut Please make arrangements to collect it so he doesn’t have to store it.

Bert I’ve changed my mind, too. I think I want 20 bdf instead of the 10 bdf I previously told you. This wood is absolutely beautiful. I paired it with some hard maple on a chess board I made and it was stunning. I look forward to seeing what others make from this beautiful wood.

1 Like

I moved since your visit.

Address: 1844 W Division St, #207, Arlington 76012

I’ll drop a note when I’ve pulled a board for you.

1 Like

Hasn’t been exactly easy to keep up with all the numbers, but it appears all or almost all of what I’m willing to sell has been spoken for.

1 Like

@ozindfw Let me know when you’re able to go to the DMS and I’ll pick it up. (preferable after 5pm or anytime on the weekends.)
@bertberaht PM me whenever for that payment thing you mentioned above.

Same here. When are you expecting

As I said earlier,

So I don’t think I’m an option at the moment. @coloneldan said he’ll be going.

Dan, please put my 10bf in with your load and I’ll get it from you tonight after 6. I will have sent payment to Bert by then.

Doug

Will do. I plan to meet Bert at 2:30PM today so if anyone else wants me to pick theirs up please let me or Bert know soon.

Do you want me to pick up your wood this afternoon? Can you come to DMS between 6PM and 10PM tonight to collect it? Have you paid Bert yet?

I’m leaving for Bert’s place about 1:30PM or so, but as long as Bert or I know by 2:30PM that you or anyone else wants me to pick up your wood I can load it in my truck for you to collect tonight at DMS.