Nogal aka Peruvian Walnut lumber

I live out by @bertberaht ‘s shop, and am more than happy to carry it. I am somewhat limited as I have a Ford Explorer Sport Trac, I have hauled some 8’ lengh using the window into the cab.

I could also make at least two trips is that is acceptable to folks.

2 Likes

If we have time flexibility, I have a pickup. It can’t live in it, though.

1 Like

I’d be interested in some too.

1 Like

OK, here’s the details:
Material is a nominal 9 feet long.
Thickness appears to be from 1" to 1-1/8"
Random width. 4/4 in the rough. The small batch (42 bdft) I picked up this morning varies from 6" to 11" in width.

**** $6/bdft **** $6/bdft ****

Picked up at my shop in Arlington or wrangled by a member who is willing to transport for others. I would suggest you tip said volunteer. Not a trivial task to be a lumber herd trail boss!

Payment: Zelle, Venmo would be best. If a purchaser isn’t into online payments, maybe team up with someone who is.

I will need to pick up from the supplier in 2 loads and will get the first load Tuesday. Second load a day or so later, weather permitting. Need to move it out pretty quickly. Small shop!

Pics follow. Time to make commitments and plans!

A few of the planks will reflect having been stacked and strapped for a long time & can be a little wavy. Since most people use nogal for accents, won’t interfere with typical usage.

Is there a location at DMS we can stack this for distribution?

I could conceivably haul a pickup load Tuesday, but I’m unwilling to get in the middle of the financials.

I might also be able to do Thursday.

PM me shop location info and pickup info at least 4 hours in advance so I can plan around this. I assume the shop is notmal working hours only.

That’s a question for @SWA and the powers that be at DMS.

Hours: not normal. Typically late morning into the evening. One man shop. Erratic schedule of errands and deliveries. Appointments best by a country mile.

PM of other details to be sent.

What’s the widths of the smaller ones? I’d be down for a one under 12".
Ping me when the payment/logistics get ironed out.

Who is honcho-ing this for DMS? Not me, I’m just doing some heavy lifting.

i don’t know if any are less than 6" wide.

Maybe @Julie-Harris could weigh in on that.

I suspect she has more than enough on her plate.

Certainly, but also expressed interested in the nogal so her oar was in the water enough to at least get a bit damp!

Here is the 411. @skyspook Justin is the DMS officer over that area, He went on a cleaning binge around ten days ago and threw away a lot of wood and locked up a bunch more. We just took a years supply of Maple for the classes a couple of days ago. The wood bins are all pretty much full and the powder coat oven setup took most of the free space.

You guys might be best served by doing to the same thing the farm to table people do. All of you send your money to Bert and he marks your name on the wood. This way he isn’t left holding the good intention bag. Then you might want to pitch in $20 each to someone with a trailer to go get the wood and bring it to DMS. Pick a time where everyone shows up, picks up their wood or forfeits the prepaid wood.

That is about the only idea I have for you.

1 Like

Pick a width and I’ll select one that’s close.

@simurghi @dougbcave @CaryF300 @Julie-Harris @bitta @jmeinel

All that is to be known was posted today.
If you want to buy, let me know how many board feet. Planks are ~9’ long, so each 1" of width equals 0.75 bdft or said another way … one board foot is ~1.33" of width.

FYI, here’s a small conference table I made out of Peruvian walnut a few years ago. Just to let you see what a piece of furniture made out of the material would look like as opposed to just using it for accents.

One plank 9-12" (10" would be nice.)

1 Like

@coloneldan 10-20 Have you decided on a number? $60-120
@Burgerro ~17 ~$100
@Hardsuit 20 ~$120
@IanLee ~17 ~$100
@RinTuon 7.5 ~$45

Listed above are the members who have picked a quantity but for whom I do not have a delivery approach identified. If you want to pick up at DMS, please contact @ozindfw to see if your schedules will work to meet up. He is going out of his way to transport and doesn’t want to get stuck with it living in his truck! Plus rain is forecast for Wednesday & Thursday.

@dryad2b & @hforsberg Suggest Howard pick up for both and you work it out together

Payment: I will sort out appropriate quantities, put your name on it, and PM Zelle & Venmo details.

Picking up at my shop is an option by appointment only … I work odd hours (often 11-7+) and am in/out for numerous reasons as well. Address: 1844 W Division St, #207, Arlington 76012

1 Like

That works for me. I was thinking we should add @bitta to the Small Quantities group.

1 Like

Fine by me. Just make sure @hforsberg has a total quantity for the pick up.

1 Like