Need to use the engine hoist offsite today

Why should you expect something that is clearly documented in the rules as not being allowed. Our terms and conditions are clear. We are not a tool rental facility.

3 Likes

Some comparisons are not ofbthe same magnitude. A 3d printer is a) not designed to be mobile. B) easily broken or damaged c) has no restrictions like working with a 4000 pound truck. Were partially talking pure logistics here and the effort to mive 8000 pounds of vehicle is exponentially harder than moving 250 pounds of hoist.

It does not actually say ‘not allowed’ in the rules if i am not mistaken. It says they must stay on premises so tat other users may use them. To me this just as much applies to an offsite tool being returned when its nit being used ‘so other members may use it’ if im using the tool it is not in a usable state regardless of its locale therefore it may not at that point be used by other members.

As a member you are free to put an item on the BoD agenda to change the rules.

3 Likes

Also we in the case of tool tracking, that sort of system would not be hard to implement and in this case specifically i think it would be quite clear to all where the tool was and who has it.

From reading the rules for “the other thread”, Brandon’s OK is not needed, nor is enough to meet the requirement, as the only Officers listed are Alex Rhoads, President, and Robert Davidson, Secretary. As they both are board members as well, these are effectively the same avenue.

2 Likes

I understand that and i will, i chose to continue discussion because i think it is a subject in need of discussion publicly.

1 Like

So commitee chairs are not officers? Are they non coms?

I am not asserting this. I don’t know what a “non com” is.
I am saying that the “Officers” linked in the rule note include only these 2.

So is this a set situation? Are you telling me no i cannot have permission to use the tool off site, or is this a subject up for any sort of discussion and debate?

Sorry, ex military junk. Non comms are non commisioned officers, seargents, petty officers, corporals

Gotcha.
It appears to me at this point that committee chairs are nebulous janitors of the committee and its resources, so…yeah, I guess that’s close enough. Many “duties”, no authority. :slight_smile:

I quoted exactly what is says. Removing an item without the permission of a board member or officer is considered theft. Period. Asking (and complaining about the answers you get) on the talk forum does nothing to solve your problem.

1 Like

Committee chairs are officers of the corporation, and as the chair who is responsible for this tool he is able to authorize a member to borrow it. So can any one member of the board. That is what the rule says.

No. It doesn’t.
It expressly states “officers”, complete with a reference to the list of officers. That list contains 2 people, and the committee chairs are NOT included.
The committee chairs may be considered officers in some instances, but in this instance, that is not provided for. Were there no reference to the list of officers, you would have an argument, but there is a reference document.

1 Like

I am telling you no, please dont remove any tools from the space. It is up for debate but thats for a board or member meeting (would have to wait till august member meeting as cut off for July items has passed) and it will be quicker for you to just bring your cars to the space.

4 Likes

Sigh,

Committee chairs are officer authorized to manage their areas. They are officer covered under our Directors and Officer’s insurance policy. We also have procurement officers. Basically any executive role granted to an individual by the board makes them an officer.

Seriously?

I leave to your tenacity to look up where you have, on this very discussion board, defended my position, that when a term is explicitly defined in the documentation, other definitions do not apply.

The quote you have provided does not in any way support your assertion; it only supports the mechanism by which your assertion may be implemented.

Sorry, It’s just that I just had this conversation with someone else yesterday. Any executive role authorized by the board make the role an officer, period. Officers are explicitly NOT limited to just the two or three enumerated within the bylaws, which is what the bylaws I quoted above specify. Further, committee chairs have their role defined extremely broadly and are given total authority over their areas and the tools within it. That is what the current rules state.

I will also point out that if your position was correct then our current D&O insurance policy would only cover the five board members…

This fuss isn’t worth it. Just buy rent one.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/5651679587.html

Also the engine hoist in the automotive area I think belongs to a member unless it was donated.

5 Likes