Need to use the engine hoist offsite today

The engine hoist is on loan from me to the space.
It is up there so that other may use it on site - this GREATLY reduces the abuse that rental tools often are subjected to.

8 Likes

Thanks for clarification Tom. I thought it was your’s but wasn’t sure.

4 Likes

While I’m sure you would bring it back promptly, it’s the slippery slope of not trusting the next person who comes along and wants to do the same thing that presents the problem with loaning tools out. Which is why we had to adopt the blanket policy of not loaning things out, which I realize seems unfair in this particular case when you just need something for a short time and the tool will likely just be sitting at DMS collecting dust otherwise. But we generally have to craft rules primarily to handle the worst case instead of the best case scenario.

9 Likes

I would say that three BoD members (a majority) not approving it or saying put it on an agenda for approval, the committee chair saying “no”, and more importantly, the owner saying “no” pretty much should put this to rest regarding this tool.

The rule can be put on the agenda. I personally would not support the loaning out of tools, for a multitude of reasons. If the item is put on an agenda I gladly elaborate.

5 Likes