Multicam CNC Machine Woodshop

On the forms and sizes we could use those as well as any other designs…but getting these done would be most awesome for the ceramic area

Mdf is correct…but also here is something the ceramics area are needing. They stack to create a deeper bowl

@Hanna_Kessler mentioned that some use cases might require water to be sprayed on the mold. What might she have been referring to? I know next to nothing about your are except I like my coffee cup.

Not needed as clay already has moisture

Do we need to use moisture resistant MDF? Normal MDF will swell when it soaks up water. This is why quality home builders refuse to use it as base moulding in wet areas.

Not totally sure…but what i have seen in person…they look like normal mdf. We have also been using normal mdf at home for ceramics, and the clay has not damaged the boards yet :confused:

Then “normal” MDF it is. It isn’t like you can’t make more of these molds, almost on demand.

The 3/4"ish is the depth of the mold? If so, can you contact @artg_dms and authorize $100 or so from your committee. I will get with him with the router bit and material purchase details so we can move forward.

FYI @budman

Ooh that’s totally doable. We’d need better v-bits than we have but other than that, no problem to make those.

Don’t need to. The Multicam doesn’t care about the sloping sides. Design as a 2D shape and cut the profile with a V bit. Voila - sloped sides.

If aiming for precise dimensions then a little geometry (right triangle math in particular) is needed. But other than that, easy peasy and can be drawn right in VCarve.

Will tell the chair of ceramics :+1:

that’s not what I said lol, its ok though. I was just talking about how plaster molds pull water away from the clay.

2 Likes

All i know is water and genetic mdf don’t mix:)-

2 Likes

i would like to get in line to get recertified ive run about 8 projects on the machine successfully i think i remember there being a specific thing you guys wanted us to design in vcarve and test out again on any way i could see that so i can get started relearning the new vcarve

1 Like

Moved to **Multicam Machine Refresh **

1 Like

[Multicam CNC Router] is on the [By Tool] list of [Upcoming Classes and Events] on the DMS calendar. Can I find the certification events there so I can sign up?

Please reread the post directly above. I will need people.

People who need people are the luckiest people in the world :–)

3 Likes

You must be terribly bored today.

2 Likes

Consider taking your spotted ferret Frank out for a walk today.

Lay off Frankey!