Multi Cam training class

Can someone please teach a Multicam class? It’s been 4 months since reopening… I need the training and I’m sure others do to… there has to be more than one person that can teach it?

I believe @cghaly is the only Multicam instructor.

Please keep in mind that all of the instructors are volunteers. They are not obligated to teach.

We are waiting for the board’s ruling for honorariums for online classes so we can teach the class portion.

Thanks Mitch, So many negative things come to mind about only having one instructor and the honorarium. I don’t know enough about either of the issues, but what I do know I need the class. Maybe the board can reach out to Multicam and see if they have any Instructors willing to help a nonprofit get classes for its members as another option. Multicam is at the DFW Airport… so there instructors do live here…

1 Like

A $50 honorarium is holding up Multicam classes?

Is that for each student that takes the class?

HB Smart II

303-999-5645

The Riverwalk Workshop

3801 Riverwalk Trl

McKinney Texas 75070

No. Honorarium is whatever it is ($50 I think) for the entire class as long as it’s at least 3 students. Covid stuff might have changed all of this.

The MultiCam class is different than regular classes when it comes to payment to the instructor. It’s not a typical 1 hour class.

Just to add, there are, or were, two pieces for certification. A class, that typically had 10 or so people in it. Then you have home work and need to schedule a time with an instructor to test out. I don’t think that has changed.

1 Like

I’d slip him a $50 :smirk:

HB Smart II

303-999-5645

The Riverwalk Workshop

3801 Riverwalk Trl

McKinney Texas 75070

I’m aware but the post above said the holdup was on the honorarium for online classes.

That was the normal per-head charge for the class. For a roomful of students.

I took the 4 hour class back when Alex taught it, its a slide presentation with Vcarve, tools, etc. Its useful but I think a lot could be self-taught. Of course this is all up to volunteers for training. I would do a paid one-on-one but I’ve been busy with battlebots.

Btw Multicam does have training but its for Enroute not Vcarve and goes way more in depth, its also way more expensive. I’m not sure if the classes are going on with covid.

2 Likes

Once you’re signed off would you be willing to teach the class?

Absolutely- knowledge is meant to be shared.

2 Likes

I’m all for self teaching usually but things can go wrong soo fast on the multicam. And they can go wrong in unintuitive ways that don’t make sense unless somebody with experience explains what has happens to them.

2 Likes

Well the Board met last night. Anybody know what they decided on this honorarium ? To they publish minutes?

HB Smart II

303-999-5645

The Riverwalk Workshop

3801 Riverwalk Trl

McKinney Texas 75070

They do.
It’s on the same link as the orignal agenda. In this case:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors_Meeting_20200910
Here’s the Talk post regarding it:
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/2020-09-10-board-of-directors-meeting-agenda/74708?u=jast
I don’t think there was anything on it about honoraria, however…

sooooo … looks like nothing got decided last night (RE the classes).
am I reading the notes wrong?

you are correct. If there are no minutes it doesn’t exist.
but in all seriousness, there was nothing on the agenda for something like this, either as new or old business. If someone is driving this, they need to put it on the agenda for the next BoD meeting. Open discussion on Talk don’t count for anything. Cheers!