Missing - Project in Wood Storage

Crap. I made that same mistake. Didn’t realize there’s an extension process. How do I bail out my project?

Bump. Tagging @Team_Logistics

Hi!

If you send an email to logistics@dallasmakerspace, Pearce should be able to coordinate a pickup time with you. He, or someone else with a key, will need to be there to let you into the room so email would be best for scheduling that. Thanks!

2 Likes

Same issue…
Team,
I am relatively new to MS. I had a space reserved in Feb for materials. Got a note. Came in March 5th. Renewed to April 5. (Via the machine.) Checked the storage shelf the other day, and my project was missing. Saw it in a box in the storage room… The new ticket was good until 4-8. Was this moved to storage purgatory by chance?

What am I missing as far as process goes?
When can I come and claim my project?
Please advise.
Regards,
Peter

Peter Gailey
[email protected]
http://www.gaileysolutions.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/petergailey
Schedule a meeting: calendly.com/gaileysolutions
#1 Selling Author on Amazon Kindle - http://amzn.to/1ho1OhQ

Unfortunately, the way you “renew” your space is by coming to the Logistics Meeting that month and stating your case to renew. By the time you get the email, that point in time has already passed.

We (DMS) probably need to review how we’re presenting the possible extension to newer folks. You are not the first to misunderstand how the system works.

I understand that Logistics wants you to email them to set up a time to get your project back. The missing part in the bit you quoted is the .org . It’s possible that the person it didn’t work for last time put in .com

Send a message to logistics @ dallasmakerspace.org to arrange a time.

In the future please read the storage rules (they’re posted with the machine, as well as on the wiki). We don’t allow simple retagging, otherwise projects would sit there for months and take spaces away from members who need it. You have to arrange an extension with the Logistics group.

1 Like

If anyone told you to just retag, please point them to the posted rules or let us know who. The storage rules changed about a year ago, so there’s likely a few misinformed people still and it would be best if we can get everyone up to speed.

1 Like

Here is a stupid question. Where us the ticketing machine located?

It’s the little kiosk hanging off the project storage shelves, it’s got a keyboard, small touchscreen and a receipt printer on a little wood board hanging from two wires. There’s some laminated signs with the rules on it nearby.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

I found a (partial) picture of it.

Thank you all. I will be smarter next time. Hopefully my materials are still in lockup. When will someone be there to help me retrieve them? This evening (Saturday) perhaps??
Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
Peter

I’m actually here and will be for a while. I’ll PM you my number .

On my way. Will be there by 4:45
Thanks,
Peter

Everything removed from project storage gets stored for a month, so it’ll still be there for at least another 2 weeks. We try to throw out as little as possible, we’d much rather get people their stuff instead of tossing it. In fact, most of the people we tell about expired storage forgot they still had stuff in storage!

I also have my project locked away in “wood prison”. See picture below! Let me know when works best to come and bail it out.

Although responding here may get results, emailing [email protected] is “the right way” to set this up, as posted previously by Jim.
Missing - Project in Wood Storage

3 Likes

And keep in mind that DMS is closing for an indeterminate period of time effective midnight tonight (3/17/2020), so today (Tuesday) is the day to resolve this. @PearceDunlap is the COO/Logistics Group (including him here to help with a prompt response).

emails went out to the people who have stuff in purgatory about what to do

1 Like

Thanks, Pearce.