March 2021 What's Cooking?

Make us drool with your successful dishes. We’ll commiserate with your failures.

Pics/recipes appreciated!

@Team_Admin please sticky.

3 Likes

I made this keto chocolate cupcake chaffle tonight. Its seriously delicious!

Based on a recommendation in this Serious Eats article by Stella Parks I use Olive Nation Callebaut dutch processed cocoa powder, which yields a distinctly hostess ding-dong tasting chaffle, but I’ve used a black cocoa powder before (I forget the brand) and its got more of an oreo taste.

The filling is a 1:1 mixture of cream cheese and powdered Swerve, which I think is excellent with this, but a handmade whipped cream would also work nicely.

Recipe makes 1 chaffle sandwich with fillings for 250 calories and 4.5g carbs.

8 Likes

Tagine of mushrooms over rice.
It’s made with italian sausage, oyster mushrooms, button mushrooms, shallots, garlic and canned tomatoes. Seasoned with zaatar, cumin, paprika and black pepper.
There were no leftovers. :grin:

7 Likes

So, I’ve been at a friend’s place a bit outside of Dallas helping her get her house cleaned out into her barn to get ready for the plumber and construction crews to come in for repairs.
For my last night here, I decided to smoke a pork loin to have with some glazed basil carrots and twice baked potatoes.
Sadly, the potatoes and carrots were devoured before they could pose for a picture.

There were no survivors.

10 Likes

Stir fried chinese celery with spicy krab.
Delicious and takes about 3 minutes to make if you already have rice.

8 Likes

Breakfast pizza.

Pillsbury crust, tomato paste, mushrooms, red and yellow bell peppers, breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs and mozzarella.

9 Likes

Made a bottle of pique this morning. It’s Puerto Rican hot sauce.
The pepper mix is up to you based on how spicy you want it. I went with:
Habanero
Jalapeno
Serrano
Anaheim

Then add:
2 or 3 Cilantro stems
Peppercorns
2 or 3 crushed garlic cloves
Fill with white vinegar

Soak for a minimum of 2 days before using.

11 Likes

Yesterday made another batch of sourdough discard scones. This time took same recipe (https://homegrownhappiness.co.nz/sourdough-lemon-blueberry-scones/) but did blackberry and lime. Instead of icing made using coarse sugar with lime. Much preferred without icing as I didn’t like how sweet icing made it last time.

I was also gifted this smoker and if you have any smoking tips, feel free to DM/PM and share! Never smoked meat but super excited to try!

6 Likes

Wife recently bought me a Ooni pizza oven. Its AMAZING! Super simple to use and with lump charcoal and some hardwood its gets up to almost 900 degrees on the stone. this cooked for around 2 minutes!

9 Likes

5 Likes

Which model did you get?

Karu. its plenty big enough, 12 inch i think. Ive bought dough from Jimmy’s Food Store, Trader Joes and made some in my bread maker. All are easy Jimmy’s also has some outstanding sauce as well.

2 Likes

I finally bought another iron skillet. I can see why people like them. It came pre-seasoned so it wasn’t too hard to clean.

6 Likes

With a moderate to large amount of assistance yesterday, had my first attempt of smoking ribs :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Google “3,2,1 method ribs”.

1 Like

Vegetarian pasta bake with rigatoni, peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach, marinara, and some pretty tasty fakemeat sau’sage by Gardien. I used real cheese in the dish because cheese.

Served with homemade sourdough bread slathered in real Irish butter.

Tasty and easy.

6 Likes

Vegetarian sausage, peppers, and onions simmered in a cast iron skillet. I served it over rice rather than in a hoagie roll.

These are the “sausages” I used. Pretty good flavor.

6 Likes

Blasphemy! plant based snausages!

4 Likes

I made some Thai larb and sticky rice! We won’t discuss my attempt at papaya salad. :flushed:

7 Likes