Makers gone wild

7 Likes

Sounds like poor communication also sounds like he overpaid for uranium ore.

3 Likes

It depends on how much he got … :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Wife sounds depleted to me.

BaDumTsss

8 Likes

Maybe she’s just really dense.

8 Likes

All good questions, but I think the half life of the marriage just shrank.

7 Likes

If my spouse brought potentially dangerous materials/chemicals/etc. into our house without at least giving me a heads up there would be hell to pay.

I firmly believe that we’re both adults and neither of us can dictate what the other can do. Simultaneously we don’t put each other in any form of danger (real or perceived) without discussing it first. We have a mutually agreed upon list of things that we just stay away from unless we have discussed and verified the safety parameters at lengths.

Beyond that, his post is just so dismissive of her concerns. I don’t foresee that marriage lasting longer than it takes her to figure out that’s not a normal marriage dynamic.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s a troll based on this. It’s written with the intent to spark a reaction.

Anyways, what’s the going rate for uranium ore so I don’t get ripped off? I’d hate to overpay on something so elemental.

5 Likes

As far as price, I don’t have the exact amount. It’s more than an arm and a leg. It’s probably in the neighborhood of an entire nuclear family.

1 Like

Does that include their shadows?

1 Like

I think there would be economic fallout if it did.

1 Like

If your wife now introduces you to her friends as her 1st husband, then I would take that as a hint of things to come.

4 Likes

Definitely a troll post. It’s so obviously fission for a reaction.

6 Likes

It’s moving day for me, so my humor has been depleted.

Edit: realized I missed this pun earlier in conversation. I’m so lucky my life is enriched by DMS.

3 Likes

I’m not really trying to cause anyone any angst but I would like to learn more about this list. How long is the list? How specific are the safety parameters? Is it a written list?

I’m still in training on this marriage thing and any help you can give will be appreciated. So far begging for forgiveness has worked but I don’t know how long it will keep working.

Russell Ward

4 Likes

@BarkingChicken is probably talking about this list:

1. No AC voltages in excess of 120V, no DC voltages in excess of 100V
  2. No ladders (we’ve recently said 6ft and 8ft ladders are OK as long as I don’t step above the rated steps).
  3. No caustic or corrosive chemicals (no PH lower than 2 or higher than 12)
  4. Nothing “overly” radioactive. Mostly OK if it’s not going to greatly increase your cancer risk, but nothing that is long-term dangerous as in you can breath or ingest it easily.
  5. No unattended lipo.
  6. If preventable, no hot work (electrical).

and I’m sure I’m forgetting something, but those were the major ones.

Edit: yep

1. No pressure vessels.
3 Likes

Generally, just if it sounds remotely sketchy we talk about it.

2 Likes

Sketchy is in the mind of the beholder…

4 Likes

Fair, but we went through engineering school together mostly in the same classes so we had plenty of opportunities to discuss.

1 Like

Man, gotta take all the fun stuff out life! :wink: