Machine Shop Order requests

This is the link for the 1/8" collet:

http://elairecorp.com/dewaltroutercollets.html#dwpanchor

Most of these items have been ordered. We did not order the items to do a feed hold on the CNC Sherline.

Randy, that particular drill index you have linked is out of stock currently.

1 Like

We have received most of the items from the list. Including the counter bore set, #7 drills, 1/4” drills, chamfering mill, 3 flute end mills, the replacement test indicators, screws for the turning tooling, & more parting blades, to name a few.

5 Likes

I just wanted say thanks to @TBJK, @John_Marlow, @nicksilva - and others - for your long-standing and continuing work and dedication to the DMS metal/machine shop.

Your conscientious efforts in maintaining, improving, and upgrading the equipment, as well as training the unwashed in using this fine equipment, are truly appreciated.

3 Likes

Where would I find the chamfering mill, please?

It is in the Haas toolbox. One of the top couple drawers.

Found it. Thanks!

Love the design of that holder.

If machine shop ever needs some custom drill indexes or other storage, I’d be interested in helping design and print them.

I like that idea. I organize my drills/taps into sets of related sizes (for carrying to DMS). I’d like to make a holder for, e.g., my three #10 taps (and possibly a space or two for the LH taps) plus the related pilot and clearance drills. That would be a great way to keep all those things together and nicely organized.

We will continue with this list. I want to keep the list live.

1 Like

Two items to add, please.

1. An 11/16" crescent/box wrench for the Shapeoko XXL. It should be kept with the Shakypoo stuff.

2. Chain saw file. 3/16" is probably a good size. No, it’s not in any way related to us using it on a chain saw. A chain saw file is cylindrical with no taper (unlike a standard rat tail file which is tapered).

2 Likes

Chris, I found a spare 11/16" wrench in the box on the floor by the toolboxes. I have commandeered it and is in the cabinet with the collets. cheers!

1 Like

I was straightening up in the shop today and found this (or what’s left). Even these two are shot. Don’t know if it’s worth replacing but here it is.

Did a check of PPE. We have plenty of hearing protection (since no one really uses it). There were zero safety glasses available but there is one face shield and hardhat.
The glasses have probably migrated to other places (and I didn’t feel like hunting them down) but we probably need a few available.

1 Like

We should have more safety glasses in the teachers cabinet. The silver & deming set in the wood box, go ahead & trash it. We should have another set in a black or grey blow molded case. Its not as expansive, its 1/8” increments I believe

1 Like

May I have the box if it’s going in the trash?

Certainly not a problem.

2 Likes

Just a wish list item but I’d like to see a grinder (and stand) with a couple of Deburr wheels in at least 2 different grades for exacly a quick deburr of cut material (versus using a file). It should be good on all metals so it’s not going to clog like griding wheels do on aluminum.
It SHOULD be obvious to anyone that they are not for grinding but we know what people are like. cheers!

1 Like

Nick,

The two current bench grinders will be mounted on a new metal table that is being built.

There is room for two additional grinders / buffers. So there is the option to have at least

one deburring station.

Best,

Jim

1 Like

I’m guessing you’re thinking the Metal shop. Machine shop has no grinders. I only want to see a deburr station. Regular grinders will get destroyed as much as they do in Metal Shop.