Lynda.com Access

Unfortunately, I can’t really answer the question. I don’t actually print a certificate. I’m primarily interested in learning the skills and don’t usually worry about any confirmation of completion. I’m sorry.

Maybe Melissa @MellissaRhodes or someone else can answer the question.

I’m just asking because it might behoove someone to have a certificate when trying to sell their qualifications on a job hunt. I have an account because my employer pays for it and thus I have some unique wall paper in the office. :slightly_smiling: But since I’m ready to leave the ranks of the employed I think they may have some benefit if I ever find myself in a position where I need to seek a position.

I know, however, that it’s very easy to set the course to autoplay and walk off 'til it’s over. :wink:

Sorry to just get back to this, yes users have the option of printing out a certificate of completion when they’ve finished all the videos in a course.

You’ll be able to access the certificate from your account page-- I can’t print them out for you. Although I do have access to the list of people who have completed entire courses. We have 3 members who have watched though enough of a course to get a certificate and 1 of those has completed 13 of them!

With that being said, I know several members have watched the majority of a particular course, just not every lesson so they didn’t get the certificate.

Hope that sheds some light. Let me know if there are any additional questions.

Just as an FYI- we have 3 of the 5 possible seats open for the next group that starts 2/8.

1 Like

FYI, there are 2 seats open for the group that gets access on the night of 3/7 for their two weeks.

still have seats? id like one

If they have Soildworks … I’d like one please.

To sign up guys, go to the link at the top of this thread: http://goo.gl/forms/zM8AWWM6UL

(and yes, they have Solidworks classes)

2 Likes

There are currently 2 spots open for Lynda. First two to sign up will get them tomorrow. Please only sign up if you plan to use it. We have had people sign up in the past and not use it, taking up a spot for others.

Do we open a ticket for lynda access?

We have a form http://goo.gl/forms/zM8AWWM6UL that you should fill out to be added to the list.

As of this past June we no longer are able to provide this service. We had talked about this at member meetings and such but apparently never posted it again here. Anyone who was currently on the waitlist, we are sorry but we can not grant you access. We recommend that you check with your local libraries to see if they can offer you the option of Lynda.

I will also be closing this topic.