Looking for piston and rod

I’m looking for two or three piston and rod sets.
I know I can get them from a picknpull, but they want $30 a set, and I’m still not exactly sure how I’m going to do what I’m thinking about doing so I would rather not waste the money on something that may or may not materialize.

So if anybody’s got some used ones laying around that they want to go ahead and just get rid of, let me know.

I’m even open to the possibility that if my idea does materialize, I can make them or give them one of the completed projects as a thank you.

Thanks!

Is this for an “art thing”?
So, you’re wanting 2 or 3 internal combustion pistons and their associated connecting rods? Without regard to what they fit or whether they function (as a convertor of chemical energy to kinetic energy in an internal combustion scenario)?
I think @schirato David does some work with that kind of thing…

1 Like

Without trying to get all Technical and showing off intelligence, LOL, you are correct.

They don’t need any real structural Integrity to withstand any pressures from detonation, combustion or any kind of chamber pressures.

It is for an art project so strictly Aesthetics.

That being said, a couple of gouges in the Piston top are not a big deal, however I would prefer not having holes in the Pistons from some sort of high speed catastrophic failure and somewhere in the area of 4 inches in diameter would be ideal, which is one of the more common piston sizes…

1 Like

Based on this and the fact that you don’t want to spend any time or money - a guess would be you are looking for a few junk pistons still connected to their respective connecting rods?

Exactly.
My main requirements are no holes from some sort of high-speed catastrophic failure and somewhere in the ballpark of 4 inches in diameter for the Piston size.

There is this…

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve got a whole 2.8l v6 as well you can pick up if you want to get on it. I can’t haul it to the space from Mesquite but once at the space, I’ll help you liberate the pistons and rods.

3 Likes

I have a bunch

3 Likes

I should be up there some time tomorrow if you have a few with 4" pistons you’re willing to let go of.

sorry for slow response
I have many sizes maybe 4"
we just have to cross paths

1 Like

Crossing paths isn’t hard, just need time and day.

Just need the 4" pistons and rods.
Like I have told others, if you can spare three or four of them, I will make and give you one as a thank you.