Let's Talk about the Fusion

So.

The Fusion is down. Somehow, both the automatic and the manual focus are both busted. The plunger got ripped out of the autofocus again, and the screw to hold the manual focus in place is just completely missing. Someone shoved a q-tip head into the hole to act as a makeshift rod to use the focus, but it doesn’t work very well. I’ve already opened tickets with epilog about getting replacements for them, but I’m not really interested in that at this point.

The thing that’s got me annoyed about this whole situation is that nobody told me. I cannot fix what I don’t know about, guys. If something is broken, please post it on talk or in the official discord or somewhere so that I can see about getting it fixed. There’s nothing about this between now and June 8th, when an unrelated Fusion issue was posted that shows they’re both fine.

I don’t know who did it, or if it was more than one person. If it was you, send me a message so we can have a chat about what happened and how we can make sure it doesn’t happen again. If you break something, report it. This is a basic tennet of DMS, and most of the time you won’t even be in trouble. We have to know so that we can fix it. Plus, you’re the only perrson who knows what happened at this point. Did the screw break? Did it fall below the machine? If it did, we can get it back! But I don’t have a clue where it is or where it even could be at this point, and don’t know where to start looking.

Whoever tried to rig up something for the manual spring using a broken off q-tip head to replace the screw, good ingenuity, but again, after you do something like that you need to tell me or post on talk so that we know to fix things.

Chris

8 Likes

Is the fusion still down? I’m trying to read any replies but I can’t see any.

The manual focus has been fixed. Wwe’re still working on the autofocus again, and there’s another issue that may result in us needing to bring the fusion down again while we work on fixing it. For the moment, though, the fusion is up again.

Awesome. By any change are you at the building now, or will be later today? I’m trying to engrave some tumblers and I’m completely lost!

I will be up there very briefly just after 5pm. If you’re there we can chat for a few minutes, but I can’t stay for longer than about 30-45 minutes total.

I assume Fusion is also down?

Now that the “wiggler” is back on, I’m guessing we can determine the accurate focusing distance. Can we / should we print a focusing “puck” like we have for the Thunders? It seems like the wiggler keeps getting torn up.

I see the Fusion is down, any ETA on repairs?

it’s back up, but you’ll have to use manual focus

1 Like