Let’s Get Together

Two weeks guys just two more weeks.

2 Likes

6-2-19_BBQ_1.pdf (155.1 KB)

2 Likes

There is a lot of room to setup tables in the North Warehouse as well.

2 Likes

Hey, @TBJK, how much meat are you planning on bringing? Sounds like you’re smoking the lion’s share of the ‘que, but am happy to help out, wherever possible.

6 Likes

As much brisket as I can fit in my Smoker. 2ft x 4ft. Here kinda lies an interesting guesstimate of how much to bring. I just hope when it gets time to buy the brisket, I can get enough.

@uglyknees, Do you happen to know how much meat we bought last year?

3 Likes

Good question I just looked it up and I know we paid $400 total to ■■■■■■■ and it was a friend hookup. All I have is the notes I made on my spreadsheet - I don’t have the contract saved.
I think (and I could be wrong) we got 20lbs of pulled pork and 20lbs of brisket one year I got sausage - I think sausage went over better and piles of sides and bread with that including some baked potatoes (didn’t go over well). It was two aluminum trays full of meat (each meat) so a total of 4 trays.

We asked for $5 per person (buy two tickets if you’re a big eater) everyone brought a ton of sides and drinks. Tim put out a donation tin so people can help pay for the meat you buy.
I’m happy you are taking this on. If I can help let me know. It’s the last week of school so I’m in short supply but I’ll help however I can.

We do have a ton of stuff in the PR closet - drink dispensers and all sorts of odds and ends for the picnic. Even some kites, water guns, water balloons and fun things for people.

Just an idea - might be nice to invite the neighbors.

2 Likes

Bahahahahaa this is D-I-C-K-E-Y-S HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17 Likes

OMG, too funny…

Oh I am so sorry. Unintended consequence! I think I’ve fixed it. With luck, in the future Dickey’s should be an allowed word.

4 Likes

I picked up the Dickeys for Nicole so I knew what the word was, but I substituted other XXXX words for fun. The whole censorship thing is not exactly an exact science is it?

1 Like

But “damn” is permissible. Maybe because you can’t have hellfire without it?

I want to clarify that I am not charging nor is DMS monies paying for this. I am at a point in my life to where I can give back to the community. I want this to be a very successful get together where people can set their differences aside & have a good time. To build & repair our sense of community. Will this fix all the issues, no I dont think so, but by god it’s a start.

18 Likes

You are so cool!

1 Like

Wait, what about Richardy’s BBQ?

Dare we try Cocky BBQ?

Well I’ll be…that passed…

3 Likes

Sounds more like increased future liability and likely avoidance of said regulators by future DMS administration.

Follow the code and don’t be shady.

I remember someone saying that they had a few bouncy houses lying around…
That could be fun…

1 Like

Friend of mine has a dozen or so. Will inquire about borrowing one or two.

Edit: was informed they are not available for insurance reasons

2 Likes

I knew it!

holy crap scott

1 Like