Laser Banned Materials Question

So I don’t see pizza on the banned materials list. Is lasers policy more like dont cut it if it’s on the banned list or only cut it if it’s on the approved list which doesn’t really exist. I feel like pizza falls in a grey area but won’t hurt or kill anyone or damage the laser. Would like clarification @Team_Laser

Don’t put food in our lasers.

8 Likes

Excuse me I’m waiting for someone with laser authority to answer. After all we do allow dead animal skin in there. Like where do we draw the line? Sushi? Eggs? Pre embryo?

Don’t put food in our lasers.

18 Likes

The cut quality is apt to be horrific, think of the grease splatters, and the FDA surely doesn’t approve.

3 Likes

Tanned leather is not the same as things like sushi or eggs or anything that deteriorates, rots, or is edible. It’s closer to a textile like cotton really so not a good comparison.

6 Likes

But vaporized pizza grease on the lens and mirrors would be fun!:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nuh-uh, man, leather is just “dead animal skin.” LOL

I swear I saw on here a people have cut pies and pumpkins right? (Not saying it’s a good/bad idea but I have vague memories of it)

1 Like

I think people have also done tortillas as well (I did back in my school days).

Sadly we can’t make a rule for every type of food so if people are going to demand we draw the line the best choice is simply no food.

3 Likes

shrug seems like it should be case by case than an oppressively restrictive blanket statement. Obviously the answer here is don’t put pizza in the laser. Others have (I think?) Cut pie and tortillas and pumpkins without issue.

But I generally don’t favor ‘punish everyone for one person’s mistake’. Guy saw silly thing online, was told no, done.

1 Like

If you plan on eating it, you shouldn’t be putting it in anyone but a freshly cleaned laser anyway. Between the cleaning time and money spent on laser time, would it be worth it?

Also if this post wasn’t spawned by the recent viral laser pizza cutting video, you’re welcome, Google it to satisfy your curiosity.

No idea of source etc., but just FYI: The best use for a laser yet

I agree with a blanket, but I think it should be a “requires special permission” kind of blanket if we can.

1 Like

Don’t make us make rules.

4 Likes

Can we get a Laser Tortilla Approved AD Group made?
I want to be like a young Bayern

There go my plans for cutting fruit rollups into custom shapes.

1 Like

At Ladybird someone did human flesh for a laser tattoo. Just because it was done doesn’t mean it was approved to be done. Nor does it mean it was a good idea (FYI: it wasn’t - very painful and stinky!)

#noitwasntme

Interesting, no food.

Hershey’s researches how to make food with 3D manufacturing. They print chocolate.

I can see an interesting research avenue in using CO2 laser machines to fine print in organic molecules. Say for instance, there is liquid egg white in a pan. A complex laser pattern is printed, by cooking the egg white with the Laser. Then more egg white is added, or the cooked portion is submerged under more egg white, and the next layer is printed. This could get interesting. The French are revered for their genius in the Culinary Arts, and in their willingness to pay huge sums for novelty food stuffs.

Also, could you imagine the Easter Eggs you could make on the rotary tool? They might rival Faberge.