Kintsugi Interest

If interested, there will be a fee involved to pay for materials used.

Kintsugi (“golden joinery”), also known as kintsukuroi (“golden repair”), is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, a method similar to the maki-e technique.

8 Likes

Id be interested

2 Likes

This would be good for that poor owl in the last glaze firing.

2 Likes

That would be my poor owl :pensive: Tis okay…he was only going to hold dried flowers…and this technique will make him look even better.

3 Likes

I was just thinking that the gold would be very pretty!

2 Likes

Believe @Pcperk has done this a few times…

He would be the one teaching it. I am trying to see if there is anyone else aside from me that would be interested.

2 Likes

The materials needed are Japanese, but I buy them at a better price from a Portugal supplier. It takes 2-3 weeks to get them here. The material cost would be $15 per person for 4 people. Less if we have more participants.

4 Likes

Can you go ahead and order? Please??? :smiley:

2 Likes

With our current classes seeing so many no shows, (possibly due do to weather issues), I’m more comfortable posting a class and getting commitments and payment rather than buying materials upfront.
I’ll get a class up for mid-March.

5 Likes

Well, as I told you today, definitely count me in! And I think @Christykaake also said she was interested. Can’t wait for the class!!!

1 Like

You can require instructor approval and have them paypal you the $ first before you approve them. I have found this to be VERY effective.

3 Likes

I am also interested.

1 Like

You get the same effect with 2 part epoxy and gold mica power mixed in. I’ve done this last year with my students.

3 Likes

6 Likes

That’s a good alternative!
However, I think this bunch wants to strive for authenticity.

1 Like

Also interested!

1 Like

I have something I could rebuild

1 Like

Might be some demo/practice materials here if we have any Ft. Worthers willing to pick up…
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/zip/d/fort-worth-broken-china/7282592328.html
The pdf for when that gets deleted, so we can see what it was…
Broken China - free stuff.PDF (213.5 KB)

1 Like

I was thinking I’d break my own piece :slight_smile:

1 Like