June 2019 kiln news

Ooo pretty, great job everyone!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded

7 Likes

Ya! thank you

Those bowls sure are pretty @Liamluu :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey if anyone accidentally broke or moved my spoon rest can you let me know what happened? I was up yesterday moving stuff to shelf 2 and I couldn’t find it. This would be the 2nd time an item I’ve made has disappeared from the greenware shelf.

4 Likes

I had two bowls thrown away the 25th as well. Both on green bats. Both labeled. Both obv wet and were just turned over to trim the night before. 3rd time this has happened recently.

We need a better system imo and clarification of who has authority to throw peoples things away on a whim. If they are knowledgeable enough to go after green bats, they should be knowledgeable enough to know an item is still fresh and or attended. With a shortage in blue tape being ordered, I wrote dates on my bags in multiple places and took pics, I suggest everyone do the same and file complaints or make public record. It’s a terrible precedent to let the “production potters club” run off the rest because they think their projects are more important.

In the scope of excellence we should have an unknown shelf imo, before being trashed, that is updated here with 7 a day notice at least.

3 Likes

I took the initiative to organize and clean the drying shelf as we were running out of room, as we were overflowing and many people were placing item on other shelf due to the lack of space.

1. pieces that were bone dry and were sliding off bat were move on to tiles and the stickers were kept together with the piece. anything still wet or malleable were left alone to prevent warping the piece. this kept bats available for everyone.

2. we had many pieces that were dated to the beginning of May and seem abandon and have not moved for weeks. i personally recycle those that were beyond the 6 weeks mark. seeing how busy ceramic is, i think the 1 month grace period is MORE than generous. there are still a handful of pieces label may 25th still on the shelf. pieces that were bone dry and had no labeling on the bag or the bat/tile were recycle to make room.

I can assure you that we care and respect everyone’s pieces equally. to keep the ceramic space working we have to clean house. any pieces i recycled were either beyond the 6 weeks mark, or were bone dry and had no visible labeling of name and date.

7 Likes

An ‘orphan’ shelf/bin is a great idea- maybe when we move to the new space, we will have room for one.

6 Likes

Glaze unloaded

5 Likes