Joy of Maintaining the Woodshop

I can help tell me when I am available most days!

@Team_Woodshop
With the help of several awesome members, I have collected enough A and B roll footage for the dust collector, SawStop, Kapex, Jointer and Planer QR code safety reminder videos already. I am ready to start editing the first set as soon as I get back in town. I will more than likely be at DMS next Monday in the late AM to do so. I would greatly appreciate any help I could get with the editing software at the space. I think I will be using Adobe Premier Rush or Pro, but I am not an expert on either. If there is an easier program to use for this I would be open to that as well. (@Team_Digital_Media) I also need to help with finding the best place to host these internal videos. (@Team_Infrastructure)

10 Likes

I can’t help editing in the AM, but can in the later afternoon and evenings if you make a queue of what’s left. I’m sure @Kevin will be thrilled at the collab potential here.

@Team_PR controls the youtube account. We can put the videos there and use the permalinks in the QR codes for them. I’m doing this for some other training already once I get the videos done.

Thats great! Let me know where they live and I can schedule them on the display in the woodshop.

Right now all of the raw footage is on a portable hard drive. I tried putting some on the member drive but it took a really long time. Kevin has some on the gopro cloud as well. We’ll get it centralized once the clips are edited.

1 Like

Interestingly enough I just did a qr code based promotion for a client over the Superbowl and the results were surprising. Just short of 100k scans in 3 weeks.

Now that the reader is integrated into the cameras on iPhone and Android people are apparently using them.

3 Likes

Does step 5.5 need to be “vacuum the rails in the cart compartment” ?

1 Like

Thank you (and everyone else who is helping) for doing this. Thank you for caring enough about DMS to invest your time and effort to make this a reality.

3 Likes

honestly adobe premier is great for that. I’m happy to come by and help on monday with editing advice. What time might you be there? 10-Noonish?

2 Likes

Episode; Hand tools

So as I was working on one of my projects, a fellow member walks by and says " I found one of the chisels"

Well at least part of one

Chisels really shouldn’t be used as a pry bar! :astonished:

3 Likes

So when you empty the Felder

It was plumb full again and @Chris_Fazio and @pierce emptied the trolly in the wind, so the sawdust went, well see for yourself

Thank you guys for doing that.

9 Likes

Thats @pierce, we have an agreement that as long as he spells his name with “pie” we can both exist at the space at the same time. Otherwise we aren’t sure what could happen. Probably a blackhole.

8 Likes

Well I was kinda close. And Nowhere in my extensive educational experience was I ever accused of being good at spelling or grammer.

I’ll correct the post above.

2 Likes

Butter chisel

3 Likes

What’s up with the multicam again?

Sounds (from discussion) like maybe spindle bearings are going.

oh no! :dizzy_face:

Next thing you know, they are going to try and tug on Superman’s cape.

4 Likes

It’s probably just foreign object ingestion, going by hand feel. Will know the problem once we get together and pull it apart though.

Man-glitter…

3 Likes