It’s a redhead!

Yes it’s finally here! It’s been a long wait and Tim was like an expectant dad as it was being delivered but the beautiful new Dynotorch is here and is being set up. Congratulations Tim @TBJK on your bouncing new addition and thanks for all your hard work!

36 Likes

Tired, blurry eyed, probably slightly drunk, box of cigars, watching someone else do all the work?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Looks good already!

8 Likes

Kinda reminds me of a Redhead joke I heard.

A gorgeous young redhead goes to the Doctor and said that her body hurts where-ever she touched it. ‘Impossible!’ said the Doctor. ‘Show me.’ The redhead took her finger, pushed on her left shoulder and screamed, then she pushed her elbow and screamed even more. She pushed her knee and screamed; like-wise she pushed her ankle and screamed. Everywhere she touched made her scream. The Doctor said, ‘You’re not really a redhead, are you? ‘Well, no’ she said, ‘I’m actually a blonde.’ ‘I thought so,’ said the Doctor, ‘Your finger is broken.’

8 Likes

When I get back, its time to sign up for the CNC plasma class!

1 Like

… “They should have sent a poet” …
:heart_eyes:

She’s a real beauty. I know the first three things I want to make on it:

• more hot signs since we really need them
  • my aluminium trunk plate for my truck (for which I’m going to teach a class on the tubing bender with making and planning a tube frame)
  • Lock box enclosure for the bench grinders until people know not to use aluminium and to vacuum a nice big padlock on the Delta would do the trick.

I’ll bring beer tonight once I get out of here.

-Jim

3 Likes

When is the Teach the Teacher class?

4 Likes

Agreed. I need training…ASAP!

that machine is SEXY! Oops, there goes my chances of becomes a justice of the supreme court.

4 Likes

does this use the same software??

No. It uses Sheetcam for the cam process to create g-code. You then input the g-code into the dynatorch software. We are currently working on training for it. It does require either a dxf or svg to import into sheetcam. I’m working on good instructions on taking a normal image and changing it into a svg file.

1 Like

FYI sheetcam is a free download, however you are limited to how many lines of g-code it will create. The license we have does not have that limitation.

1 Like

Sheet Cam Downloads Time which version do you recommend?

1 Like

It’s the same we have currently.

https://www.sheetcam.com/Downloads/akp3fldwqh/SheetCam%20TNG%20setup%20V6.0.26.exe

1 Like

As an additional note to the current version, Stick with the Stable branch, that way Dynatorch provides support if we find anything wonky. The Dev branches aren’t tested with the machine.

How about the expendables , nozzle and electrode?

They are all the same

2 Likes

I just bought 5 of each. would have ruined my day.

1 Like

I delivered a set of 4 large casters for the Redhead. I temporarily set them underneath the unit when I was in on Sunday. Use the casters for whatever purpose you want. Put them on the Redhead, or anything else. I saw the large wood crate out in the parking lot, mount the casters on that and create a large rolling cart to assist in our future move.

5 Likes

Is the license we have available for download? is it something we need to download or will it deal with a DXF on site.