Is the Drum Sander up? Yes! 3/10/21. For now

Any updates on the drum sander repairs?

It was not up as of yesterday.

I’m guessing 2022 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes the drum sander is up. :grinning:

5 Likes

Big thanks to @Andy for coming in on no notice and fixing the drum sander up today after the parts magically appeared on my doorstep last night.

6 Likes

Whaaaaaat!!!

The drum sander has been up and operational for :one: days.

8 Likes

You must want more walnut :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Definitely big shout out to Andy! Works amazing! Nice and level surfacing, the elevator mechanism moves effortlessly no more sticking then suddenly dropping! Well done!

3 Likes

I was in yesterday to do some resaw work and noticed the drum sander was powered down. I didn’t see a sign on it, so can I assume it is still working? cheers!

@IanLee,

Is there replacement paper for the drum sander or is it on order?

I have several 12+ inch wide pieces that I need to make the same thickness (~1/8"). The roll on the machine is nearing its end from ebony and wear.

Jeff

It’s on order. rolls shipped out yesterday.

As of last Saturday we still had 5-10 rolls in the storage bin with the spindle sandpaper in it as well. I replaced the paper on Saturday, in theory it should have a lot of life left on it.

1 Like

This is one of those cases where (IMO) it’s just best to buy your own consumables so you know it will be available and in good condition when you need it.

Example only, not necessarily the exact product needed:

You’re awesome. Yes, I had only searched the cabinet and Patrick knew where the bin was. He helped me put on a new belt. I counted at least 10 more in the bin.

1 Like