Is the Drum Sander up? Yes! 3/10/21. For now

Favorite cartoon ever! Thanks for doggedly pursuing the parts.

4 Likes

3 Likes

The parts may not be coming due to whatever reason. This train ain’t coming either.

5 Likes

Based on trouble to repair and how often this machine goes down have we out any thought into replacing with a Supermax? I only read positive reviews on the supermax. Just wondering if our repair costs and downtime could be offset with a different machine.

1 Like

I have a 19-38 Supermax sitting in the garage that’s only collecting dust at this point. Should you guys be on the market for a used one in good condition I’d be willing to sell for a very reasonable price to get it out of my way. I was planning on throwing it up on Craigslist soon anyways.

I will buy it off you if it works. Name your price.

Is the Drum Sander up?

I hear March.

Very lighthearted but it’s like the dragons in game of thrones

Very lightheartedly as well – I watched all of GOT, but I missed the metaphor - explain?

They’re always coming, they’ll be here but they’re coming

Dear Drum Sander,

I miss you.

:slight_smile:

It’s almost March!

4 Likes

Which year??

3 Likes

Both distributors have emailed me to let me know the items we need are back ordered.

I’ve called the manufacturer and they also told me the item is back ordered…

No idea on return to uptime. Waiting on overseas manufacturing/ materials backlog/ etc

Sorry all. Wish I had better news.

2 Likes

This is so sad. I can’t really afford to buy one but… ugh. Thanks for the update though

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here… https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/tls/d/mansfield-wide-belt-sander-scm-head/7280829793.html

1 Like

Can I borrow $12,000 from someone? I’ll pay you back on a 5 year plan. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think its time we buy a supermax and cut our losses on this powermatic. The powermatic is down more than it is up. Sell it and let’s get a working machine.

1 Like

I do feel like the sander has been down a whole lot over the past years more than the bandsaw even. May have not been mechanical always but just an observation.

No, it’s a pretty accurate observation, they are sometimes finicky machines but most of the issues haven’t been related or causes by misuse or abuse, they’ve all , or the ones I’ve been aware of have all been mechanical or electrical issues that aren’t subjective to wear and tear as the culprit