Interest Check - embroidery programming software

If I were to teach a class on how to use the SewArt64 embroidery programming software that we have available in Creative Arts, would anyone be interested?

I envision a lecture and projected demonstration. It would not be hands on.

Before I spend time creating material, I’d like to see if anyone would be interested.

10 Likes

I’m interested. The wife would probably be too.

Very much so, I’ve had conflicts or too late for signing up for embroidery class. But want to take.

My interest is out and showing.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

(I thought I had the 20-char requirement under wraps when Talk asked if the above reply was a complete sentence.)

1 Like

I’d be interested. I can also see if I can borrow a projector, as I mentioned in your project class, from the office to use for your presentation since the software is not able to be relocated to a conference room. There are also probably other options.

1 Like

I made those cub scout emblems 2 years ago, and found the sewart64 pretty explanatory, but there is some "
magic" to selecting stitches to make them more satiny, etc. I would be definitely interested in attending a 102 instead of a 101 class. $5 for it as well.

Let me be sure I understand – this would teach us how to put our own designs in, yes? That sounds fabulous!

You may use the old projector from the Lecture Hall for this class. I believe it is currently kept in the Electrical Room. See a board member or some of the frequent volunteers like Stan or Lisa for access, but try to contact them in advance.

Or, just use the Lecture Hall, as it sounds like it might have a lot of attendees!

1 Like

That would require moving the computer as SewArt64 is only installed there.

It’s probably easier to move the computer than set up a projector and screen.

I just planned to hook up the projector and show it on a wall. If you move the PC then you have to move it back. I think this is much more hassle than just bringing in a projector.

There is a reason that we purchased a 7000 lumen projector, shining on an optimal surface. If you ever tried to have even a single light on in the lecture hall with the old projector, it was pretty hard to see software controls as that old projector is simply too dim to use in most circumstances.

You have to put the projector back too, so that’s two moves of a piece of gear either way :slight_smile:
Either way, it’s not worth any more discussion imo. Do it or don’t. Just a suggestion.

Would love to take the class :slight_smile:

I’d love to take this class.

Me too!!..

I am also interested

ya! lets do it! …

Has this class been set yet? Very interested.

Also, is there a class for the Baby Lock?