How’s everyone doing?

For the record, it is NOT possible to overprep.

3 Likes

Aye, there’s a real risk the clerk at the local liquor store will start to recognize me.

I also need to discover some more decent inexpensive bourbons. I recall trying the following …

• Witherspoon (local; probably more nowadays than the mere $45 a bottle I paid last time)
  • Bendt No 5 (local; same founders as Witherspoon)
  • Evan Williams
  • Old Forrester
  • Jack Daniels (the brand allure is utterly lost on me)
  • Jim Beam (similar to J. Daniels, just without so much brand premium)
  • Maker’s Mark
  • Crown Royal (also baffled by this brand’s popularity at its price point)
  • Canadian Mist
4 Likes

The last Rye I had was some brand I can’t even locate anymore and felt the experience was along the lines of J. Daniels. It was hardly a premium make, however…

Try Redemption Rye. I got some recently on a recommendation, and it didn’t disappoint

1 Like

All this talk reminds me of
“Glengoolie for the best of times”

Less than a month until the next season.

2 Likes

Try Bulleit, either bourbon or rye. Best buy is the 1.75L bottle at Total Wine.

1 Like

Re bourbon to try
Angel’s Envy is quite nice. Not sure if it’d fall under inexpensive, but worth trying

2 Likes

Day 21 in exile.
Somewhere amongst the Walter/Fred stuff is a cache of cider.
The last batch made/bottled at DMS.

4 Likes

DAY 10 Quarantine. Can’t find the other sock.

11 Likes

Well timed post.
Just started laundry…

1 Like

Lost socks transmogrify into clothes hangers - look in your closet. :smiley:

2 Likes

I heard it was extra tupperware lids.

1 Like

I wish! I can never find the right lid I need to match the storage bowl.

Look in the abandoned Tupperware bowl you stored screws/bolts in the garage, your lost sock(s) will be there.

2 Likes

Yes! Buffalo Trace Eagle Rare is the one we had right before this. In fact, that night in pic above I had a bit of both side by side. It was like a mini-flight and interesting to taste both.

Obviously both it and Angel’s Envy are amazing straight. Love all the complex notes in Eagle Rare yet still smooth. Envy, sooo smooth.

My husband says where he’s found them easiest is Total Wine, at least PPD (Pre-Plague Days).

2 Likes

I’m good for the most part, and I hope you are as well :slight_smile:.

To be honest, I have absolutely zero right to complain (as someone who can do their job from home), and I’m more worried about all the places I went to lunch with coworkers than my own livelihood right now. :frowning:

I really hope driving a car is like riding a bicycle and something you don’t forget, as I’m worried this might last a while :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve been considering going out and starting my car to ensure that the battery doesn’t go flat from the phantom loads in the system.

3 Likes

That, and dump some Sta-bil in so the ethanol goes bad more slowly…

1 Like

Barely even first world problems over here for @Shellbell and I. I found out yesterday that my neighbor lost two friends in OK to C19 which provided some perspective I was lacking. It’s good to be safe and healthy.

5 Likes

Probably time to take it out for a nice drive. Fully recharge the battery - keep everything well lubed - etc., etc…

2 Likes