How’s everyone doing?

I think this is so very very important. This time has been so laced with silver linings.

5 Likes

I hate being inert and I hate being helpless to shield people from the pain that is coming. Sucks a fat one…but I got into bed with Glowforge to keep myself distracted :joy:

2 Likes

Hibernation
Stasis pod
Starting to look like viable alternatives.
But then one would miss out on the ego fueled arrogant ranting entertainment in the other threads…:yawning_face::sleeping:

6 Likes

Introvert here…doing real good!!! Coffee…crafting…cleaning.

4 Likes

Beware the vacuum cleaner…
Destroyer of environments…:fearful::sob::scream:

1 Like

So I’ve been married for 15 years and one thing that has always irritated me about my wife is that she never, Ever, EVER cooks.

I’m not sure what I was expecting but when my mom and dad got married my mom learned how to cook and became quite good at it. My dad was already very accomplished in the kitchen (mostly French cooking a la Julia) because that’s how he snagged girls.

I’m a pretty decent cook. Not a chef, mind you, but I can hold my own in a kitchen. I think maybe that intimidated my wife. So she doesn’t (didn’t) cook.

I’m holed up here in camp-quarantine, which is our otherwise empty rental house so for the next few days, my wife and daughter are on their own.

With just a little guidance over the phone, she just cranked out some Pan-fried pork chops that look amazing. I think this might be the first time she’s used a stove in 20 years.

Looking forward to not cooking dinner every night!

8 Likes

I can’t believe I watched all of it… There’s nothing left to do…

5 Likes

Obviously this was not the case in the old ELab…:smirk::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Someone has a severe problem if they have to go use public computers for that.

Wasn’t that the guy who was trying to live here?

Which “one” of the many are you referring to?

3 Likes

In the old ELab.
Lights off.
Basking in the warm glow of the monitor.
And enough common courtesy to close the ELab door…
Class act.

I only remember one guy who was trying to actually live in the Space, as opposed to living in his car out back. Tall, young, nice 'fro…

Did the person always wear a (usually grey) hoodie, turned off the lights, slept in front of monitor but always claimed was watching something. When Art ran him out of the eLab he’d hang out in conference room. Was caught several times in back row of Lecture sleeping on row of chairs.

I learned long ago, if you fall asleep at your desk, eyes closed, and someone wakes you - before opening eyes say “Amen”. then “How can I help you?”

9 Likes

Kinda hard to fake it if your snoring. Lol

2 Likes

Nope, speaking in tongues, you just don’t understand guttural languages. Common mistake.

8 Likes

I know this homeschooling bit is a PITA. Oh we are doing this, this & this. Google Docs isn’t very friendly with iOS devices.

1 Like

its all browser based :confused:

I’m doing great … a bit bored but now I found
https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/

Stan Winston School is the world’s premiere online destination for learning the art & technology of character creation from Award-winning industry professionals. Creating compelling characters requires a vast range of skills and techniques, from big budget cinematic approaches to DIY methods you can use in your garage or home workshop. With 500+ hours of On-Demand video instruction to choose from, Students can purchase our courses individually or subscribe to gain instant, anytime access to our entire library. We also offer Live Online Courses, providing Students with the opportunity to connect with our faculty in real-time, and even earn a Stan Winston School Certificate! If you’re an artist or technician who wants to learn from the best, welcome to SWSCA. Imagine, Learn, Create!

… so yeah… I’m going to be busy

Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc. all have native iOS apps