How’s everyone doing?

Just wonder how people and your families are feeling/doing during this time of turbulence/slow down/economic uncertainty.

This place is/was family for so many of us and if needed let’s belly up to the kitchen table and talk about what’s going on and how that’s challenging one another. Or possibly just share daily joys to keep each others minds working.

3 Likes

5 Likes

We were under the weather for about a week but tested negative for corona. I’m working from home now. How are y’all coping?

3 Likes

7 Likes

You know, this is hard. It’s really freaking hard. I’m not equip for a pandemic…emotionally. I have toilet paper and peanut butter so I’m equip in other ways.
I’m so thankful for the way my district is rolling out the new normal…it’s not perfect but it’s human and it’s thinking of families first and just trying to connect people with resources. The school worked with resources to deliver a kit of food directly to the door of two of my students who were in need. That lifted my spirits.
I’ve been worried and unable to break it down into bites so it’s more a crushing heap of uncertainty and worry. I cry, I make stupid jokes, I nap excessively, I can’t sleep, I’m eat everything in sight, I’m online all the time looking at stupid stuff, I go on walks, I talk it out, I realize all this is coping With something big and out of control…probably unhealthy…but I wouldn’t want to shock my 42 year old self with coping with say yoga, mindfulness or drinking water bleh screw that.

I’m healthy. My family is healthy. The world is changing. I’m trying. I’m failing. I have enough in me to pick myself up and try again. So that’s all we can ask for.

12 Likes

I have plenty to do so am far from bored.

What is sad is seeing the damage to the economy. We will lose many restaurants.

I do not think Fry’s will survive and hope that the Micro Center is strong. The thought of losing both, plus Tanner is too much to contemplate.

Most importantly, I hope that family and friends will all live through this.

9 Likes

Nicole,

A friend sent me these and I thought they were outstanding ways to keep occupied. My belief is that the way to survive this ordeal is to stay in touch with those you care about, stay preoccupied on other things than the COVID-19 news, stay healthy by abiding by the CDC recommendations and most of all pray if you are a believer.

Working from home can be much more stressful because of the lack of interaction so use online resources to stay connected. It isn’t the same as face-to-face but it does help.

Thanks for posting this because I’m sure many people are just as anxious as you and I are.

Here are some ideas on how to spend your “free” time:

1. Organize closet, garage, or whatever needs organizing.
  2. Reach out to friends & family via email, phone or text. If you touch base with a classmate, make sure they know we are still planning our 45th reunion October 24th.
  3. Bake cookies, bread, or one of your favorite desserts.
  4. Read a good book(s).
  5. Clear out your computer with all the “junk” or organize your photos.
  6. Update your birthday and address lists.
  7. Start a new hobby or enjoy your current hobby(s).
  8. Support your local restaurants, if possible with take out or delivery - or help someone in need if you’re able.
  9. Watch some of your favorite movies.
  10. Make a list of all your blessings.

Best wishes to you and your family.

2 Likes

My youngest teachers (5th Grade) did a zoom meeting on Tuesday. The teachers miss all the kiddos & had them do scavenger hunts.

For me its still relatively business as usual, short of lunch. I have brought my lunch for the past week which is unusual for me. I’m used to eating out or not eating lunch at all. What makes it difficult is I will remember at about 8:30 that Walmart closes at 8:30, damn it I needed to get something from the store.

I do miss not going to the space on my way home from work.

2 Likes

I saw this joke where it said something along the lines of “Due to corona virus, there are now only three days in a week; Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow”

4 Likes

Not really feeling like a whole lot of change besides working from home and not going to DMS. I have had some personal things pick up so it’s actually been a relief to not have to go into work and deal with the other things on my to do list.

Example of some of the sort of to do list nonsense I have been dealing with. Roommate and I swapped this out.

2 Likes
4 Likes

That appears to be an 05 & newer Dana 60 from a F250/350. They are heavy fully dressed. That’s what’s under my Jeep is from an 08. They have a 35 spline inner & outer axle shafts.

Yeah it goes on my F250 2006. I don’t remember the year of the one I swapped it with but I think that was from only a 3 year period. Something was bent and I couldn’t get it reasonably aligned, so scrapyard axle swapped and it is alignable now. We have it on a couple Dolly’s currently, haven’t decided what to do with the bent one yet.

Right when I was getting in the groove of working from home I got furloughed last Friday for 3 months. Of course that comes with an open ended letter that says could be longer or they could just lay me off. Sadly that means I had to cancel my membership till I start getting a paycheck again.

3 Likes

We will be here when you get back. Thanks!

2 Likes

The cream on top of the joke is I’m not even furloughed, just working from home and still losing track of the days and even the time.

4 Likes

I’ve been going on walks. Might head out for one in a few minutes. I like to walk and listen to music. I’m lucky because I work for an essential business and I can work at home. It’s really frustrating to see people losing their jobs over this.

I know that feeling.

As did(do) I…

Caffeine overdose.
Go work it off.