Hot Process Safety Now Required Pre-Requisite

No – trust me on this – if I actually have plans, I’m not teaching.

Okay – Safety class at 1pm, MIG welding at 3:30. Class should show up on the calendar for registration in 72 hrs – Mark!

Be aware that there’s a slight glitch in the Calendar where classes show up first, and then the system opens them for registration. If you try to sign up and it shows closed, try again in about 5-10 minutes. Also, note that a cancellation is permanent (for that particular class). Since these are member-only, you won’t be able to sign back up if you’ve cancelled.

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you very much. I will be on the lookout for the two classes and sign up for them. I did just look now and they have not posted on the calendar yet.

Had so much fun at the first Ark welding for fabricators I am looking forward to a new and improved 2.0, I will see if I can get something up this week.

1 Like

Hello, I’m looking to get training so I can use the arc welders etc. I don’t see any scheduled classes. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

@Team_Metal_Shop does anyone have a class pending?

@Darby_Drake there have been a few recently; you need to keep an eye on the calendar, as they often won’t appear on the calendar until the week they are being taught.

So just check the calendar every day to see if something is posted? No way to get notified?

There is an app that shows new events, but it’s kind of iffy. There is a developer working on new features

1 Like

I was just thinking about classes. I could do another MIG, although I’d need to wait until 11/24 to get the double classes together on one day.

@Darby_Drake – does that work for you? And, do you kind of already know how to weld, or are you looking for some basic (very basic) instructions?

1 Like

Hey Jim,

I’m a new member, and I’d like to use the TIG welder in the metal shop so I can fix an aluminum cart. When’s the earliest we can meet so I can go through the safety class? Please let me know, thanks!

@hon1nbo

@Team_Metal_Shop anyone got a class they’re posting soon?

At the latest, it would be the 4th of January since we make a point of teaching people that show up to committee meetings. However I suspect a class will be posted sooner than that.

-Jim

I could just run the safety class. That’d leave you at the mercy of Jim or Malcolm for the TIG…

1 Like

I have 8 years experience in welding, and an Associates Degree in Welding Technology. Would it be possible to meet up for the pre-requisite safety class any sooner? Reason being, I’d really like to get started on a project. It would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know.

Sure. When are you likely to be here?

I can be there tomorrow night. Around 6 or 7. Does that work for you?

@ssc3000,

so if you have enough welding experience, after the safety class you can do a “show me you can weld” sign off. If @dryad2b is up for it she can do that, otherwise it would be myself, @malcolmputer or one of the other instructors.

-Tails

Sure! I’ll be hanging out in the Common Room. And, I suspect you weld so much better than I do that I will be happy to do the “show me” thing as well.

1 Like

Sounds great! I will see you tomorrow night then. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello, do you happen to know when the next Hot Process Class will take place?

Thanks,
Kirby

@dryad2b has been teaching the most safety and welding items as of late. I’ve got various work things that have put me out of it for a while.

If all else fails, and you can’t get a class soon, the first saturday of every month if the metal shop committee meeting (from 12pm-6pm). I make a point to teach anyone who shows up for the associated cleanup anything in the room as well as the introductory safety.

~H

There’s a class in limbo. It’s for Sat 11/28/2020 at 3pm, and it should be live in a day or two.