Hellcat Crate Engine

Engines are used in in front drive and drive and mid mounted and coolant flow direction is never a problem…oh wait maybe in the the other hemisphere it is?

2 Likes

I think he means one of the coolant hose necks ends up pointed at the firewall if you turn a FWD engine the right way around so it can spin the correct set of wheels.

can’t happen on real engines

Right, because Mazda only ever made rear-drive rotary engines.

1 Like

The Wankel engine was a “good idea” …

I can’t think of any engine that is labeled as “rear drive” only.

vehicles may be intended to be rear drive, front drive, etc - but there are folks out with more time and no budget that do interesting things to vehicles with various engine / transmission / drive line choices.
Suzukis and Jeeps with VW turbo diesel engine swaps is a simple yet waste of a good engine…

Like putting a 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel into a golf cart?

1 Like

waste of scrap metal more like

I saw this morning at my job a 1200hp to the wheels caddy. It was on the dyno when I got there this morning. When I left they were tuning a charger with a pro charger. This place had 2 dynos. I was working on the water dyno. I could only imagine how much that stuff cost. The exhaust fan was rated at 38,000cfm.

They had a nice CNC setup machine shop with 2 Mazaks i-700 and a couple 4 axis machines. The tooling was the shrink fit style. I wanted to look more but didn’t want to wear out my welcome.

2 Likes

Drooling emoji needed…
:drooling_face:

Where is this place with the dynos? :slight_smile:

Frankenstein Engine Dynamics. On their website they have a video of their funny car on the chassis dyno.

I believe this was the caddy I saw.

2 Likes