Getting started using Solidworks

SOLIDWORKS 2022 is installed on the pillar of solitude computer room PC’s which are configured to use the license server. We have 7 floating licenses meaning 7 machines can run 2022 at the same time.

If there are other machines around the space that can run it and want the software let IT know and we can do that.

2 Likes

Which room is this?

I’m not sure if Onshape or Fusion 360 are free at this point. So that means paying for a license (maybe).

(image is from Brandon Green’s OnShape representation of expansion plans)

2 Likes

I presume the front of the building is at the bottom of the drawing?

Your presumption is valid.
Also, evidence supports this, given doorway designations, general shape of construction, etc. :+1:

OnShape is free to use if your willing for your files to be public. Fusion also has a free personal account option. These are current plans I currently hold both of them.

The classroom directly across from the Ladies room / Janitor’s sink in 104 that has the curtains on it. The Janitor’s sink is on the hallway that leads from the woodshop to the Lecture Hall / Interactive classrooms.

Hi, how do I access Solidworks 2022 on the Pillar of Solitude computers. Is it a special server? I’m not finding it on the PC (Note: I know the jump server has the 2017 version)

2 Likes

This is where we should page @David_A_Tucker, who knows many things about SolidWorks. Mostly he knows how you get your own personal free version.

1 Like
1 Like

Just ask me for a license in a Direct Message and agree to the terms set out in the posting above.

2 Likes

While true… this

And I’d page @jphelps for help on this point

I’ve been informed that they have been using the Jump server edition in the Solidworks class

2 Likes

To get to the Jump Server:
Go to the “Type here to search” on the bottom left.
Type R – Remote Desktop should pop into place. Click that.
There will be a pop-up box on your screen for physical.dms.org. If it’s whining about the date of our certificate, just ignore that. You’ll need to sign in with your username (not your email), and your account password (which may or may not be different from your Talk password). And, I think we’ve got SolidWorks 2017…

Re: passwords. Personally, my account password and my Talk password are the same. If yours are different, then you need the one for the account.

I had a senior moment guys, apologies. We have Mastercam 2022 installed with 8 licenses, not SOLIDWORKS .

3 posts were split to a new topic: SolidWorks in the Pillar of Solitude?

Thanks everyone for the help! Definitely cleared things up

I am absolutely tickled pink to be able to say this, but it is the room which used to be Creative Arts…