Getting started using Solidworks

This is where we should page @David_A_Tucker, who knows many things about SolidWorks. Mostly he knows how you get your own personal free version.

1 Like
1 Like

Just ask me for a license in a Direct Message and agree to the terms set out in the posting above.

2 Likes

While true… this

And I’d page @jphelps for help on this point

I’ve been informed that they have been using the Jump server edition in the Solidworks class

2 Likes

To get to the Jump Server:
Go to the “Type here to search” on the bottom left.
Type R – Remote Desktop should pop into place. Click that.
There will be a pop-up box on your screen for physical.dms.org. If it’s whining about the date of our certificate, just ignore that. You’ll need to sign in with your username (not your email), and your account password (which may or may not be different from your Talk password). And, I think we’ve got SolidWorks 2017…

Re: passwords. Personally, my account password and my Talk password are the same. If yours are different, then you need the one for the account.

I had a senior moment guys, apologies. We have Mastercam 2022 installed with 8 licenses, not SOLIDWORKS .

3 posts were split to a new topic: SolidWorks in the Pillar of Solitude?

Thanks everyone for the help! Definitely cleared things up

I am absolutely tickled pink to be able to say this, but it is the room which used to be Creative Arts…