Epilog Laser Training/Certification

@Team_Laser Been asking for a while and haven’t seen any responses to any of the laser training requests so I’ll try again. I think there are couple of folks, myself included, looking to get trained/certified on the Epilog lasers. I’ve check the training calendar and there’s nothing out through next year for anything laser-related, other than the Lightburn training this weekend. I even looked for the laser committee meeting and was going to go and find someone, but I can’t find it on the calendar either.

I’m happy to help and volunteer to give back in the laser space. I will adjust my schedule to try and meet when convenient for you. Heck, I’ll even buy you dinner! Is there anyone that would offer a class, either just basics or also basic maintenance?

Most classes of all types only post a few days before they occur, and fill up fast. There is a calendar group on the DMS discord that shows every new post. It’s useful in knowing what’s posted and offers a better chance of grabbing a class you want. There was a cluster of Epilogue classes a week or two ago, but it filled fast.

Have you taken the online training on the thunders?

Yo, so I’m pretty much the main teacher and I try to get in one or two classes a month, but I have a fairly limited ability to actually teach consistently. Like Ozindfw said, I tend to put the class up for the end of whatever week I post it on and they tend to fill up quickly. I’ll try and remember to post here when I put the next one up but it’ll likely be early november at some point.

1 Like

Yes and have been using them quite a bit. I am using another Epilog Fusion that I have access to at my library but the hours are very limited daytime hours (what I cut today with that Fusion is attached). I’m familiar with basic usage already - just need the DMS seal of approval/blessing and specific dos and donts that aren’t covered elsewhere.

Based on what I got from my last Epilog class (might not have this totally correct), I wanted to bring up the DMS epilog is more for etching. The Thunder lasers should be use for cutting.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Sorry, I haven’t seen many posts asking for training that I haven’t responded to already.

I generally teach ad-hoc rather than formal classes right now.

I should be around Sunday afternoon and can probably teach a class to a couple people then, but it wouldn’t be until later.

I would love to get this training as well. I can be available Sunday after 4:00 P.M.

Maybe we could do a dinner and learn. I’ll help chip in on dinner.

1 Like

I have a wedding to attend this Sunday unfortunately. Hence why it’ll have to be early November.

I would be happy to meet Sunday as well.

Do you think you will be around at 4:30 on Sunday to show us the Epilog?
Thanks!

I can likely be, although I may need to fly out tomorrow for a family emergency so…also maybe not :confused:
I’ll try to update when I know.

If not, next weekend I will be having a laser committee meeting and general training day.

1 Like

@jsnowfreedman if you do make it up here, I’m hanging out by the laser area working on some stuff and will be here a couple of hours.

I will see what is required at the committee meeting and see if i can do 1 or 2 a month.

I am also interested in Epilog laser Training. Please let me know as well.

When are the committee meetings? I can’t find them on the calendar.

I have them set for this Sunday.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/?category=45

Likewise, there is open office hours/ training this Sunday. In order to get signed off on the fusion, you must already have taken the thunder course (online or in-person), and have used the thunder lasers a reasonable amount.

Please let me know what time will it begin?? Is it from 3 or 6??

Please note that this block (from 3pm to 9pm) is interrupted by the Laser Committee meeting from 5pm to 6pm.

It’s office hours/first come first serve training. Training should take about 20 minutes (for the Fusion/Rotary), and multiple people can be trained at once. There’s a break from about 4:45 till 6 for the laser committee meeting, you can get training before or after.

1 Like

Can I join after 6PM as well??