Donation of bike tools

Walter Anderson, one of our new members from the HAM radio group, has donated some bicycle repair equipment. Brandon has agreed to let it live in the Automotive area as long as it can stay on the shelves.

The tools are from Park Tool Co. and are professional quality. They include:
A PCS-9 Bike Repair Stand

A TS-2.2 Wheel Truing Stand

A TSB-2 Truing Stand Base

A WAG-4 Wheel Alignment Gauge

A DT-3 Rotor Truing Gauge

and A DT-3i Dial Indicator Kit

I’m adding a SW-1 Spoke Wrench to the kit, and invite others to contribute other bike repair tools. Myself and another member have already used the wheel truing stand.

12 Likes

I’m going to feel a little bad about using these really nice tools on my $100 walmart MTB.

Thanks Walter!

4 Likes

@AndrewLeCody no need to feel bad. A bike is a bike, I will just be happy to see folks working on their bikes at the space!

3 Likes

I need a $100 Walmart bike. Need to loose a few pounds.

1 Like

Check Craigslist. I picked up a basically new mountain bike for $90 and all it needed was some new tubes.

4 Likes

Thanks for the bike tools,
Daryl and I have been talking about fixing up a few bikes to ride around after work.

If y’all are going to feel bad using them, I can get some of my tri teammates to bring their Cervello and Pinerello bikes up for work.

:grinning:

Help me finish the powder coating oven, and you can re-coat those Wally Bikes with a durable, colourful plastic.

2 Likes

AWESOME! Thanks for the donation. I’m gonna use that truing stand ASAP!

Using the bike stand now. Anyone know where the truing stand is stored? I dont see it on the auto shelves or auto storage area.

1 Like

It was in a plywood box that was right above the stand. Labeled “Park Tools”

3 Likes

Found it. Great tool

1 Like

Reviving an old thread…

Do we have a chain whip to remove a rear cassette? What about a dedicated set of spoke pliers?

1 Like

Are these tools still kicking around? I have a considerable amount of bike work to do.

I just joined Saturday and haven’t been able to look around for them yet.

1 Like

Welcome to the space!

Good Question! I’m interested in knowing as well. Also, did these come with a set of the tools as well? I need a Shimano hub tool so I can clean and repack my bearings.

And just another thought, if anyone knows how to adjust derailleur’s I wouldn’t mind a class on that.

All I know is what I’ve seen on youtube. There are videos on this by Park Tool, Global Cycling Network, Seth’s Bike Hacks, RJ the Bike Guy and more.

It’s helped me considerably on one of my craigslist bikes athough the rear wheel is very untrue and may need dishing as well. Plus the derailleur hanger looks a tad bent.

that’s happened to me as well, they’re usually only about $10-15 to replace/

Ive watched videos and I went to a DORBA clinic once about how to adjust them but it just never sank in. I think I need a hands on lesson for me to pick it up (I’m mostly a kinesthetic learner).

They can be 10-15$ to replace them, assuming you get the correct one and it’s still in make/stock.

There are an absurd number of hanger designs. I’d rather just get/borrow an alignment tool.

I don’t do anything that would bend hangers (down hill, very technical trail riding, ect) so I doubt this will be an issue I’ll have much more experience with.

1 Like

I tried using a youtube video to adjust a derailler a couple months back and made it WORSE. Definitely consider an actual bike shop since it’s a bit of an art form.

2 Likes

Also! I’ve got a few random extra extra tools and parts to dump. Where do the bike tools get stored?

1 Like