Donation help needed

A former DMS member has passed away and his surviving family has reached out about donating the contents of his woodshop. I’m told there are several garages full of wood and tools including slabs from a massive Oak tree on their property.

I’m looking for a few volunteers, and a truck and trailer, to spend a few hours picking up anything they want to donate to the space.

6 Likes

Ian, do you know the whereabouts of the place you would need to pickup from?

I have a truck. I’m happy to help. It’ll tow just about anything if we can use a big trailer. My back kinda sucks though, so more people to help move stuff would be good.

@coloneldan Pickup is close to Argyle.

@lukeiamyourfather thanks- I’m sure we can find hands, trucks are harder. Do you have a trailer?

I have a pickup, too. I do not have a trailer though. Do you know when you would like to go pick stuff up?

I have a pickup also - if can agree on time we can convoy over.

I don’t have a trailer but the truck has a class V hitch. If the space wants to pay for a rental that could work (or if someone wants to loan a trailer). Or just throw stuff in the bed, it’s 8 foot bed with a toolbox over some of it. I’m off on Fridays or a weekend could work too.

1 Like

One other thought, if there’s enough stuff, Ryder has 27’ trucks we’ve rented before. They have huge lift gates and they’re dock height. Could be worth renting one for a couple hundred bucks depending on how much stuff needs to be moved.

4 Likes

We have a special rate with Penske. We rent liftgate trucks every so often.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it, the lady I spoke to recommended a trailer so I’m not certain a full box truck would be necessary, but if we can’t find a trailer then maybe that’s the best route.

Timing- The lady I spoke with said she works from the house and suggested we find a time and get back to her.

I could do it this Saturday 19th in the morning or next Sunday the 26th. If Friday / another time works better for a bunch of people I can coordinate with you guys to make it happen then also.

That is probably the best option. I’ll donate $50 towards this option. It is the best option for size and lifting/handling cargo.

I’m not far from Argyle an I drive there often. I can help and even go over there to scope anything out that you want (or do a live video with you) so you can see how much we would take and what size truck(s) we would need.

2 Likes

I can help as well. Have truck, no trailer. Near Argyle.

Let me know a day and if I’m not working I’ll ride along and help

I’ve got the town and country we used to bring the tables. Should fit tons of wood. Give me the time and place, I will be there!

Who has a preference for date? I am fine this Sunday or next, either works for me.

I’ve reached back out to the family to ask about times and for pictures of the items but haven’t heard back yet.

Tomorrow, Saturday morning would be ideal. Based off the pictures she sent me a 10-15foot box truck would probably be a good idea. There are slabs of oak 8-10feet long 2-4ft wide so we will need at least 4-5 people to lift those items. She said the sooner the better so Tomorrow would be ideal.

@hon1nbo Can you coordinate a rental with Penske for tomorrow morning? I live 3 minutes from the penske location at PGBT and 35 so I can pick it up if I’m allowed to drive.

Who could do tomorrow morning?

I’m preoccupied tomorrow morning early but willing to come mid-morning if needed. Can you PM or post an address and time you plan to get started please?

1 Like

I’m free tomorrow morning, I can help lift things, and I’ve got an SUV that can tow or be filled if we need (it can’t fit the slabs though, 80 inch length on the cargo area).

1 Like