Donation help needed

as appealing as all this wood/tools might be to members, this is a donation to the Makerspace which means members should not be picking through this stuff trying to claim for themselves.

this is a good opportunity to make some awesome stuff for the woodshop to flex on other committees with cool display items to furniture the space

4 Likes

One of the items mentioned for donation is a table where the entire top is stained glass made at the space. I think your committee might have a massive flex here :smiley:

2 Likes

That is a great point Pearce. I just wanted to do something nice for the woodshop and DMS. It is always cool though to see what another man’s shop looks like. Might get some tips on how to increase the footprint etc.

1 Like

ay! I’m working on it.

what do these weigh?

what day & time?

have trailer - but I won’t abuse it, have possible access to other trailer but this is super short notice.

Am in Argyle - several of you have my cell number - text me

A penske truck with a lift gate has been arranged for pickup tomorrow. @IanLee and I will pick it up

I’ll be assisting and items that are going for fundraising I will be photographing as we move them around.

Meet at the space at 8:30am, we are shooting to be at the property at 9:30a. Please let me know if you’re coming to the space or if you want to meet at the property, I will send you the address individually.

1 Like

I had an idea while doing yard work! Lets make a table with a cool glass insert!

i have no other details on this. it was probably heat induced

4 Likes

To be completely honest, that’s not too outlandish or undoable…
I welded table bases together for glass inserts / glass table tops so I don’t see how it would be all that much different…

Actually made another proposal in a different thread when this first came up:

Pocket a live edge slab on the Multicam,
Make steel frame legs in the metal shop
Glassworks make the display top that inlays in the pocket
Jewelry make some fancy cabinet knobs for the pocket
CA make a leather bottom for the pocket
Electronics make some adjustable display lighting for the pocket
Machine shop engrave a plaque explaining the committee’s involved in making said table.

We now have a beautiful display table that encompasses many of our committees

8 Likes

I would actually be completely down with getting in on this…

Was everything picked up then, or are we still needing help with this?

Everything has been picked up. We will have a workday soon to sort everything and determine what to do with it as a committee/ space.

3 Likes